V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

$10,000 - $15,000 '03 V6 Project. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:01 PM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

ya, i personally like the new edge exterior a hair better than the s197. just the original post talking about replacing every part on the v6 to make it new seems a waste to me. Thats why i suggested actually buying something newer, and if fast is what you want then buy something much faster (comparing 05gt to new edge v6 stock for stock) and then add mods to that. Or just save up a couple more thousand and buy a terminator for like 20k.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM
sIx
4th Gear Member

I like the New edge style better myself, it has nothing to do with the S197 being a pig or anything.

But since the car is paid for, I'd just build it... I mean you could build a car that was reliable and fast, for cheaper than buying a different car and starting to build it.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:49 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sIx
I like the New edge style better myself, it has nothing to do with the S197 being a pig or anything.

But since the car is paid for, I'd just build it... I mean you could build a car that was reliable and fast, for cheaper than buying a different car and starting to build it.
yup thats why i didnt buy a gt when i caught v8 fever (about a month of stupidity), because i realized that i would have to sell my car, then use that money plus more to buy the gt when i could have just spent the same amount of money towards parts in the car i have now and it would be just as fast or faster. Plus the fact that id be keeping my first car and not selling it
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 AM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Imo i think any stock motor is going to be more reliable then something built. Buuut if it was me i would rebuild the motor and trans and go with a nasty v6.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

Motor, trans, rear, suspension, brakes then power adder imo.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:32 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Big suspension/brakes make for a fun car, even at stock power. Add power to that and you have a smile anytime you fire it up.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:56 PM
TheMichiganRA
3rd Gear Member

Matt how much do you want for your car? lol How much have you dumped into your car?

This is what I'm thinking about if I redo my car...

Reasonable daily driver short block made for boost with reliable options to the max (ex: aluminum flywheel).
The heads have stage 3 porting done. Just need valves ( I have 2+ in now ), spring and everything that goes with it.
The intakes are done (if I need them) except for the butterfly valves needing to be removed.
I have a 310lph pump already in although, I'm not sure that it'll be enough when I get done.
The rearend will be completely redone with a true trac. Haven't decided on gears. Maybe stock. Maybe 3.73s.
Carbon fiber driveshaft with loop.
I would love to have a six-speed but I'm not sure if that's even possible to lock-up to a 6. I don't know enough about that area.
MM suspension. Completely redone if I can.
I have almost everything for the M112 kit. I just need minor parts like tubes, belt, plugs.. about $300 worth.
I have new light-weight enkeis, 18" 18X8.5. I'm sure I'll have to go much wider in the back when it gets done but, that CAN wait. I do need tires. I have a hook-up though since I used to work at discount tire.
Some kind of exhaust system.
I will use a new cooling system (radiator). Haven't completely looked into it.
If I have anymoney left lol.. some interior stuff and some carbon fiber (painted probably) exterior parts and a paint job.

I would definitely say that is going to pound $15Gs.

Guys help me out! Give me your thoughts. Does this seem possible. Should I stay N/A? sell the M112 kit? Do a reasonable turbo?

I would like to go for light and quick. At least 400hp or 350hp N/A.

Thoughts please! Thanks guys. I try to get on more but this stupid site seems to constantly shut down.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:10 PM
TheMichiganRA
3rd Gear Member

I have cobra brakes also. I need some pads and rotors.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:06 AM
TheMichiganRA
3rd Gear Member

I have to say I'm a little suprised that no one is interested in this conversation..
Old 09-19-2010, 03:49 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheMichiganRA
Matt how much do you want for your car? lol How much have you dumped into your car?

This is what I'm thinking about if I redo my car...

Reasonable daily driver short block made for boost with reliable options to the max (ex: aluminum flywheel).
The heads have stage 3 porting done. Just need valves ( I have 2+ in now ), spring and everything that goes with it.
The intakes are done (if I need them) except for the butterfly valves needing to be removed.
I have a 310lph pump already in although, I'm not sure that it'll be enough when I get done.
The rearend will be completely redone with a true trac. Haven't decided on gears. Maybe stock. Maybe 3.73s.
Carbon fiber driveshaft with loop.
I would love to have a six-speed but I'm not sure if that's even possible to lock-up to a 6. I don't know enough about that area.
MM suspension. Completely redone if I can.
I have almost everything for the M112 kit. I just need minor parts like tubes, belt, plugs.. about $300 worth.
I have new light-weight enkeis, 18" 18X8.5. I'm sure I'll have to go much wider in the back when it gets done but, that CAN wait. I do need tires. I have a hook-up though since I used to work at discount tire.
Some kind of exhaust system.
I will use a new cooling system (radiator). Haven't completely looked into it.
If I have anymoney left lol.. some interior stuff and some carbon fiber (painted probably) exterior parts and a paint job.

I would definitely say that is going to pound $15Gs.

Guys help me out! Give me your thoughts. Does this seem possible. Should I stay N/A? sell the M112 kit? Do a reasonable turbo?

I would like to go for light and quick. At least 400hp or 350hp N/A.

Thoughts please! Thanks guys. I try to get on more but this stupid site seems to constantly shut down.
alright well ill chime in then lol. as for turbos vs M112/other supercharger, what are your goals as for what you want to do with the car? drag, auto x, road course, just a mean street car? If you want a turbo, TMA doesnt make them anymore so youll have to do a good deal of looking around for them used, or find someone who knows or who can figure out a good turbo for a 6, or learn yourself do the turbo your way. There are a decent amount of turbo cars, but for the drag strip, a really good turbo set up is the way to go.

Do you have an 8.8 inch rear end already? if not then you should get that too

Quick Reply: $10,000 - $15,000 '03 V6 Project. Thoughts?