V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Never saw a V6 'Stang like this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:38 AM
mustangmike09
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Yep that's right, Eric got slammed by some old gear heads on here that didn't respect him because he let somebody else do the work instead of taking a gamble of screwing stuff up and doing it himself. And it's not like he acted like an expert or anything, he new his mechanical limits and stayed within them, but some people, I think out of jealousy or pride rode his *** about dumb stuff.
I know how that feels
Old 01-25-2012, 03:28 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Any of us that have done stuff ourselves have screwed up. It's part of the learning curve. I'm glad I did because I can now speak first hand about those projects, but the down side is I probably would of pared out the same or better just letting an expert do that job due to the cost of the screw up, the learning, and the new parts/gaskets.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 PM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Any of us that have done stuff ourselves have screwed up. It's part of the learning curve. I'm glad I did because I can now speak first hand about those projects, but the down side is I probably would of pared out the same or better just letting an expert do that job due to the cost of the screw up, the learning, and the new parts/gaskets.
I think what it boils down to is what different people want out of their ride. Some people simply want an awesome ride. Some people make a hobby out of working on their vehicle and making it better. To each their own. I try as much as possible to do all the work to my own cars, but sometimes time is an issue and I simply have to let a shop handle it.

I don't care how much of a gearhead someone is. There was a time when they didn't know what to do or screwed something up and had to take it to someone else to get it fixxed. Anyone who wants to give someone else crap for paying to do something to their car has simply forgotten their beginnings.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

you know what i say when I show my car off... "yea, I built that." To bad I can't seem to get to the tuner... I like the piping on the yellow stang though.

+1 to the were we came from comment, I went back and looked at all of my original postings and was like "really" haha. oh well
Old 01-27-2012, 01:22 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by jojobanks
I think what it boils down to is what different people want out of their ride. Some people simply want an awesome ride. Some people make a hobby out of working on their vehicle and making it better. To each their own. I try as much as possible to do all the work to my own cars, but sometimes time is an issue and I simply have to let a shop handle it.

I don't care how much of a gearhead someone is. There was a time when they didn't know what to do or screwed something up and had to take it to someone else to get it fixxed. Anyone who wants to give someone else crap for paying to do something to their car has simply forgotten their beginnings.
Sorry I never had that moment, My dad always told me "it will sit here until you learn, shouldn't have taken it apart" I learned fast that way lol... Also made me study and work harder prob made me a better person in some weird way lol
Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM
petrock
4th Gear Member

Nice ride... but I really like the intro/outro music. Anyone know the artist/title?