V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

My new stang v6, very excited ... how can i dress up the engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I'm thinking your best best is UPR. Have you tried EBay? You would be surprised what u can find on there. GL!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

From the looks of his exterior mods I think he combs ebay and pepboys/autozone on a daily basis.

Matthew
Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
rlupo810

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
I'm thinking your best best is UPR. Have you tried EBay? You would be surprised what u can find on there. GL!
i checked on upr, nothing... i will check ebay.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

A good cleaning will go a long way under the hood.
Pull off your upper intake and polish it.
Paint your valve covers.

The outside is very 'active'.... might take a lot to match it under the hood. Car shows are more about clean and well put together. Not so much over the top megaloads of mods done.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:46 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by rlupo810

If you got rid of the billet grille, the head lights for some smoked stockers, the cheap mesh in the bumper, the decals on the hood, the billet where the black hood insert goes, the crap where the side scoops go, the ugly mirrors, the wheels.

Drop the car with some sport lines, and got a set of saleen wheels It would look nice!

Last edited by ESG-642T; 02-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 PM
rlupo810

Originally Posted by LilRoush
A good cleaning will go a long way under the hood.
Pull off your upper intake and polish it.
Paint your valve covers.

The outside is very 'active'.... might take a lot to match it under the hood. Car shows are more about clean and well put together. Not so much over the top megaloads of mods done.
that is a good idea, how would i go about painting my valve covers, would i have to take the engine out at all or do they just bolt on, i dont know too much about engine yet.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

For now I would get out the cleaner, wire brush, toothbrush and just go to town cleaning off all that oxidation and dirt off the parts. Just getting in there and cleaning it, it is going to look a ton better then what it does now. I am not into the look you got going on, but I think it needs to be toned down a bit. Try painting the mesh screen in the front bumper black to match the back. Replace the headlights with something smoked. JMO it's your car.

Last edited by DRAGUL; 02-06-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
rlupo810

is there any particular cleaner that i should use?. Also do you think that painting the mesh on the bumper black will look good, everything that is currently on the car i did not do... i bought it that way. what about removing the white on the hood
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

The boss stripe package isn't bad but the white on the hood has to go. The billit grill and the chrome in the scoops also HAS TO GO. There is too much color contrast. Thain them should be green and black, the white and chrome adds too much and looks trashy. Even my wife, she loves certain things on cars, said the chrome has to go same with the white on the hood.

like ESG said, lower the car, get rid of all the crap I listed and start over.

Don't worry about the engine bay. I can tell you from first hand experiance, investing money in dress ups for an engine is a waste for anything less than an all out show cars. Of which show cars are nearly a complete waste of money unless you're so rich money isn't an issue.

Fix what people can see, and that's the outside, if you start doing shows then cool, keep it simple and keep a theme. Too much is just as bad as not enough. Don't "mod it" just because it can be "modded".
Old 02-06-2012, 08:15 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

I like to use simple green. After I clean all the hoses and black plastic parts, I then wipe them down with back to black. You do not need to bling out underneath the hood. If you want to show it then make sure everything is as clean as you can get it. Clean and repaint parts that are starting to rust. Spray paint is cheap. As for painting the front bumper screens, I really don't know,they just seem to stand out. I think painting them black will make them semi disappear. Definitely get rid of the white on the hood. But you do what you want to do. Don't let us discourage you on your new stang. It's your car, and what you like, others may not.

Quick Reply: My new stang v6, very excited ... how can i dress up the engine