V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Is it possible to just clean a Hard Wire Connector

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 02:35 PM
EARose2011

Default Is it possible to just clean a Hard Wire Connector

I have a 2001 mustang, i recently had a p0755 code for my solenoid B. I changed it and when i started the car back up the code came back. The check list was to change transmission fluid, change filter and then to inspect harness. The black harness was not cleaned on my end but today I dropped pan again and inspected harness to see a bunch of gunk where the male connector meets the female connector on the bottom of transmission. So my question is, cleaning the gunk out of male connector enough or not? Car sat for three years, transmission drop pan was never done on car so its been years since the transmission fluid was even changed so is cleaning gunk out of connectors in the harness enough or not? The black connector is the electrical path that connects all solenoids to the transmission.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:02 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Spray some deoxit d5 cleaner on the connection and see what happens.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:07 PM
EARose2011

Did that yesterday, took off the hard wire....sprayed it down then reconnected it to the bottom of the transmission on the solenoids. After that I used a wire and plugged it into pin 1 for 315 solenoid b and then the other side to solenoid itself and received voltage on each three pins under the solenoid (used multimeter and grounded out). Put three quarts in and started checked fluid and the dipstick was good. Now this morning I started it and the service engine light came on with the same P0755 code but the i checked dipstick and the fluid is low. I have dropped pan twice so far, new solenoid, checked connection, electrical is good and still i get the same code once again so now Im just baffled, Im going to top off later on today and hopefully it does something right.