Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A Mustang fanatic is born

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Ponystruck

Default A Mustang fanatic is born

I would like to share a story with you Mustang aficionados which I think you'll enjoy. I am 41 and have driven economy boxes all my life. I could not have cared less about what I was driving as long as it was clean and effective, and within my previously tight and light budget. So, Mazda proteges got the job done. I did not have much money to do otherwise anyway. Well, now I do. But strangely, it took a car accident and the end of my last Protege (which I drove for 7 years) to end up at a friend's Ford dealership looking for a replacement. Well, low and behold I got a look at the 05 and 06 Mustangs on the lot and couldn't believe my eyes! My friend, top salesman at the dealership, ended up selling me his 2006 Premium Sports Coupe (V-6) for 20,900. It was his demo and had 4,500 miles on it. Upgraded to the max, leather interior, Shaker stereo, etc. etc. Silver with black sports package (tape on doors). Frankly, I LOVE THIS CAR. I've never had anything like it, from toys to guns and in between. This car is something to just look at. Of course the V-8 would have been nice, but with four kids and a wife, I could not justify $5,000 more for 90 more ponies under the hood. Or the extra $75 a month in insurance, and additional $ in gas expense, and....etc. etc. 210 HP is just fine. Especially after driving the Japanese econo-boxes all those years. What a difference. This thing moves! I was doing 110 on open highway the other day and the engine was only pushing 2,500 rpms. It was purring; not straining at all. Just beautiful! I can't believe I own this hot car for $21,000. Amazing. It's smooth, turns on the dime and picks up and goes. And above all, it is BEAUTIFUL. What lines!!!!!!!!! People look at it with admiration every day I drive it; sometimes several people within the same 15 minutes. You may think this is overboard, but I think it is one of the handsomest looking cars ever built for the money. The 2006 Mustang has turned me into a car enthusiast overnight. Correction: a MUSTANG enthusiast.

Hey guys, don't bash each other about v-6 this and v-8 that. As many of you have said, it's about personal taste. The v-6 is just fine and I may NEVER modify it. I love it the way it is. Just be thankful Ford went retro and that you own one!
Old 03-04-2006, 03:00 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: A Mustang fanatic is born

congrats on your new buy my friend, you got one nice car
Old 03-04-2006, 03:01 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

plain stock this car is great, get on some winding twisting roads and you'll see, enjoy the car, I'm another 40 something and I love mine
Old 03-04-2006, 04:22 PM
RGMoose

Have to agree it is a great ride.The v6 or v8 debate will go on forever. don'
t ever plan to modify mine .It is great just the way it came. To each his own.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard, great story! I'm 45 myself, and in my early days I never drove anything but musclecars. Then marriage came along, then kids and I found myself driving 4 door Hondas for convenience. Now that the kids are getting older I've found my way back to my roots and I'm lovin' it I never did compromise on the motorcycles though, those got me through the econo-box years
Old 03-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Ponystruck

bscottie, it sounds as though we have the same car! Maybe I'll mod it at some point, but I'm not thinking about it much. It's fun as is. I am constantly finding new reasons (excuses?) to go out in the pony; like, "hon, do you need anything at Walmart that I can pick up?", or "do you want me to drop that off at so-and-so's house for you?", etc. etc. This car has made me a better person. I've got to calm down a bit, because I've put 4,000 miles on this horse in 2 months! [sm=smiley9.gif]
Old 03-04-2006, 04:35 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

im not married yet, but thankfully, the g\f wants a chevy tahoe for her everyday driver once we are married....which means i'll be able to stick with fast cars for the rest of my life while she drives the kid mobile. I too just pruchased a v-6 about a month ago, and altho i do want something faster, this does for now.

p.s. kinda ironic but you have actually been driving fords all your life...Mazda is a ford company
Old 03-04-2006, 04:41 PM
mtbker29
3rd Gear Member

Well said great story......I have to agree with you also this car turns so many heads. I wonder sometimes if they are looking at me or the car. Hope you have blast with
your new stang!
Old 03-04-2006, 06:07 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Ponystruck, I'm like you. It took the 05 Mustang to stoke the fires that had died to an ember for the last 20 years. I had Mustangs and other sports cars til I got married after college, and then it was mini-vans and SUVs. Now I'm having a ball, like you are with your new "Pony". Way to go!
Old 03-04-2006, 06:15 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ponystruck

I would like to share a story with you Mustang aficionados which I think you'll enjoy. I am 41 and have driven economy boxes all my life. I could not have cared less about what I was driving as long as it was clean and effective, and within my previously tight and light budget. So, Mazda proteges got the job done. I did not have much money to do otherwise anyway. Well, now I do. But strangely, it took a car accident and the end of my last Protege (which I drove for 7 years) to end up at a friend's Ford dealership looking for a replacement. Well, low and behold I got a look at the 05 and 06 Mustangs on the lot and couldn't believe my eyes! My friend, top salesman at the dealership, ended up selling me his 2006 Premium Sports Coupe (V-6) for 20,900. It was his demo and had 4,500 miles on it. Upgraded to the max, leather interior, Shaker stereo, etc. etc. Silver with black sports package (tape on doors). Frankly, I LOVE THIS CAR. I've never had anything like it, from toys to guns and in between. This car is something to just look at. Of course the V-8 would have been nice, but with four kids and a wife, I could not justify $5,000 more for 90 more ponies under the hood. Or the extra $75 a month in insurance, and additional $ in gas expense, and....etc. etc. 210 HP is just fine. Especially after driving the Japanese econo-boxes all those years. What a difference. This thing moves! I was doing 110 on open highway the other day and the engine was only pushing 2,500 rpms. It was purring; not straining at all. Just beautiful! I can't believe I own this hot car for $21,000. Amazing. It's smooth, turns on the dime and picks up and goes. And above all, it is BEAUTIFUL. What lines!!!!!!!!! People look at it with admiration every day I drive it; sometimes several people within the same 15 minutes. You may think this is overboard, but I think it is one of the handsomest looking cars ever built for the money. The 2006 Mustang has turned me into a car enthusiast overnight. Correction: a MUSTANG enthusiast.

Hey guys, don't bash each other about v-6 this and v-8 that. As many of you have said, it's about personal taste. The v-6 is just fine and I may NEVER modify it. I love it the way it is. Just be thankful Ford went retro and that you own one!
We can fix this.... BTW im somewhere in your age group....

Quick Reply: A Mustang fanatic is born