Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2 12"s ARE IN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 02:10 PM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

Default 2 12"s ARE IN!!!

It took me a couple hours yesterday, being very gentle with the car as this was my first time doing this, but I managed to get my 2 12"s in and installed. I took off the back black plastic trim of the trunk and the carpet (replaced it of course) and this was just enough room, taking into consideration the spare tire well, to finese them in. I went with two 1300 watt sony xplods, 12"s of course, and the sony amp. It bumps hard!! The wiring was easier than I thought it would be and I just tapped into the rear deck speakers for the turn on and input.

My question is my trunk shakes like crazy and when the trunk is shut I think it vibrates agianst the latch that keeps it shut. Has anyone stopped the trunk from vibrating like this and how or is there a way to reduce the noise?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:02 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2 12"s ARE IN!!!

as for the subs, I guess they are average. I dont care much for sony's subs or amps and anything you buy at bestbuy will be below par. They sell pretty good movies and cds though. Rattling from the trunk will always happen. But to reduce it you may go with some dynamat or whatever.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I know sony isn't the BEST but I wanted loud and these were the loudest, and my buddy at best buy got them for me at half off, can't beat that cause now I can buy other mods also. I researched Alpines, JL audio, Rockford Fosgate, and Sony and the Sonys were the absolute best for what I wanted and for the money. I LOVED the JLs but the box that Tweeter reccomended wouldn't fit in my trunk. I love the Sonys and at highschool when louder and bigger are key Ill be at the top ..
Old 03-06-2006, 12:41 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I have the same problem with my MTX thunder 5500 12"s. If you take a hammer to the trunk latch and beat it down just a little bit that helps some. The trunk will be a little harder to close but it doesnt rattle as much. I was also told by a local audio shop to try www.rammat.com its cheaper than dynamat. Also if you never plan on selling ro trading the car in you can get minimally expanding foam and shoot it into the grooves of the trunk lid. Oh, and also....Take the black cover off that is around the trunk top latch and duct tape everything down tight then reinstall it.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:27 PM
papichulo71487
1st Gear Member

i got mine to stop rattling i like it cause inside it shakes n thumps but outside u hear no rattle i have same sonys but i went with a memphis 1000 watt amp good job gettin them in i know it took me a while also n yes they do sound good for the buck
Old 03-06-2006, 08:57 PM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: papichulo71487

i got mine to stop rattling i like it cause inside it shakes n thumps but outside u hear no rattle i have same sonys but i went with a memphis 1000 watt amp good job gettin them in i know it took me a while also n yes they do sound good for the buck

thats what I want lol. what did u do?