Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Single VS Dual Exhaust

Old 03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
PonyUp
1st Gear Member

Default Single VS Dual Exhaust

Hi,
I have a dilemma...

Im trying to update my exhaust but I don't want to kill my wallet. I was wondering if any of you know if putting a Flowmaster type muffler in place of the one thats already there (stock) will make a substantial difference, or should I just spend the money and go for the "Dual" set-up??? I can get just the one for under 300 bucks. Do you think just the one will make a difference??

Thanks!!
Old 03-06-2006, 05:36 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Single VS Dual Exhaust

A lot of people like the single MRT. If you find one of Scrming's posts, his sig should have a link to his own site where he has clips for it. Sounds really good!
Old 03-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

Single or dual, people seem to get around 8-10 hp.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:52 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

i love the sound of my dual flowmasters but it was pretty pricey at my local shop. but nice rumble.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:17 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

the cheapest way i have seen is the gt duals plus you can put the right side on firs then get the other parts as you can afford them. i have about 40 in my set up includes magnaflow x-pipe gt take offs left side pipe 2 hangers and shop cutting the pipes. im not into real loud all i know is i like the feal and sound alot better. good luck on your choice look around join a club or something and see and hear some of the other systems. time is on your side.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I also recommend the GT muffler route, it's cheap! Like Afixer said, put one on now and put the other on later if money is an issue. Here's what I spent on the duals conversion:

Pair of GT mufflers from Cascotech on eBay- 80.00 +/- w/ shipping
Pair of GT left side muffler brackets- 35.00 each
Muffler shop work- 142.00

Total was around 300 bucks.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:51 PM
gabeh1018
2nd Gear Member

i actually have a pair of brand new GT takeoff exhausts that are still wrapped, so if you want them we can work out a price!!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:53 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chidrock

A lot of people like the single MRT. If you find one of Scrming's posts, his sig should have a link to his own site where he has clips for it. Sounds really good!

I'm back!!! WOOHOO! LOL! What a trip!!! LOL! More on that later...

The MRT single seems to be the best performing muffler... and is sounds mean... LOL! I gained 7RWHP OVER my "high performance" Magnaflow....

Dyno sheets and vids on my website (in my sig...)

sorry I'm so lazy... I just got home...
Old 03-06-2006, 07:22 PM
stangfreak2
2nd Gear Member

i would love to hear two sound clips side by side of the new flowmaster american thunder muffler that just came out for the v6...its a single muffler replacement but nobody has posted soundclips yet...vs. the MRT....i wonder what the sound comparison is...and then hear a dual flowmaster set up, and GT dual set up...dang...so many options..im stumped...if anyone could find clips for all these and post them together, that would be amazing
Old 03-07-2006, 12:33 AM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

Is that gain from a single MRT Axleback exhaust just for changing out the stock muffler??? Do you have to do different pipes too?

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: chidrock

I'm back!!! WOOHOO! LOL! What a trip!!! LOL! More on that later...

The MRT single seems to be the best performing muffler... and is sounds mean... LOL! I gained 7RWHP OVER my "high performance" Magnaflow....

Dyno sheets and vids on my website (in my sig...)

sorry I'm so lazy... I just got home...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Single VS Dual Exhaust