Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wants 260hp at the wheels... any help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:10 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: wants 260hp at the wheels... any help

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop

I just don't understand why you would want to pay twice as much to trick out the engine when you could just get a power adder. It's pointless. Is "being different" really worth an additional 5 grand? Just go buy a GT if you want a powerful engine with no power adders...

I guess to each his own as they say, but you'll be flushing your hard earned money down the toilet.
For me, if I was to ever put on a blower, turbo, or NOS, I would want to make sure that the engine was "muscled up" first because the motor would be able to hold up to the power adder better than a stock engine with those power adders.

Old 03-09-2006, 05:54 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

Heads and cam is definately my next mod. For the cheepo's that want to take the easy way out, go ahead. Doing heads and cam would be an excelent way to prep for a supercharger. After the h/c i plan on a supercharger...so then i will smoke all of you...
Old 03-09-2006, 06:08 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justang05

Heads and cam is definately my next mod. For the cheepo's that want to take the easy way out, go ahead. Doing heads and cam would be an excelent way to prep for a supercharger. After the h/c i plan on a supercharger...so then i will smoke all of you...

bring it....
Old 03-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

Actually, a cam with overlap is not so hot (no pun intended) on a pressurized system.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

RPM-Mustangs.com and SSM are pretty much the only game in town for a built motor. Granted this isn't my cup of tea as I plan on shopping for a old LX 5.0 to dedicate as my track car. But awhile back I was interested in this and decided to research building up my motor for a massive N20 shot!

I have heard mixed reports about them (SSM) as far as building a dual purpose street/track machine. I have also heard mixed reports that they know their stuff when it comes to built motors. While I am 99% sure this is not the route I will take, I have been slowly become more open minded to SSM. The reason being is I was informed that they finally have a project 4.0 car, whereas before they didn’t.

However, while they are showing advances I still think their article on the 4.0 was utter crap. If what they said was true John would have blown his motor by now. But for those of you that want to research what SSM is up to, try these links:

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25375

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=24999

http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25108

Now a friend of mine who is a mechanic, and is pretty sharp on the 05 V6’s says that SSM is working on a stroker 4.4L that will put out 260-270RWHP. Though from what I read the compression ratio is as such that nitrous is not an option. But I’m no expert so I would talk to SSM/RPM directly.

As for RPM, they have just gotten started on the 4.0, but I hear great things about them. The guy who really knows what RPM is up to is Gash05 over at the 4.0 Collective. I would ask him what is up. He says they produce stronger units than SSM.

Just some food for thought for those of you that were interested.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:10 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: justang05

bring it....
Absolutely, bring it. LOL.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:34 AM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

thts sum really great info!! but as far as trading it in 4 a GT... i would say no. i'm not trading in my baby thts paid off just to have another bill. y'all catch my drift ya know. myb y'all like paying billz but as 4 me i can live with my $148 car insurance payment every month. so the rest of the $$ is for me and my car. but yea i just want to build up the engine right now and see where it takes me. and as for a power adder... myb sumtime in the future but as 4 now, i dont need sumthing that i'm gonna kill myself in.lol.i already crashed my dad's '66 Chevelle SS when i was 14. bad *** car, but to a 14 year old i think 600hp is a little too much ya know. plus i got my jeep tht i take to work and "Angelina" is my past time and my B**** Getter. b4 i left for Iraq she bearly broke 5k miles.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:36 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I hear ya, I just paid off my baby as well so why go for another payment when I can use that money to keep modding. LOL.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:56 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Ok, you guys that have already paid off your cars must have either really good jobs, or obviously using the money you save on being being deployed overseas to good use.

I'll have my car paid off in 6 years and eleven months. Oh well.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:28 PM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

u think the 24V DOHC can be done? if so i need to start looking for someone in the phoenix area that can do it 4 me.

Quick Reply: wants 260hp at the wheels... any help