Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda Panhard Bar/Brace Installed

Old 03-09-2006, 04:11 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default Steeda Panhard Bar/Brace Installed

Ok, well my next set of rounds is finally complete. But first I have to rewind, a week ago form this past Saturday, I went to test out the nitrous with my dad. So I warm up the bottle, flash the car and find a safe place to do it. So, I hit WOT and the car simply shuts off. Got a DTE error and couldn’t start it. Didn’t blow the engine mind you, but car simply shut off. Was able to re-flash it fine, but couldn’t pull the codes. Car would simply do a single click when I try to start it. Well, I was without it for a week and a day! Luckily Excessive referred to a dealer they were tight with, and ford fixed it under warranty.

According to the guy at ford that fixed it, the electrical portion of the nitrous blew the PCM fuse and a wire that it uses (on the front strut tower). He replaced it with a heavier gauge wire, and then informed Excessive how to wire up the Nitrous. Excessive wired everything up today via a dedicated relay for the nitrous setup. This will ensure I don’t have this problem again. So for those of you that has the Zex, just a quick heads up. Luckily for me, I got it all fixed under warranty and a free tow from Ford via my extended warranty plan.

So this is why I didn’t make it to the track last weekend.

Now for the fun part, my Steeda gear arrived!!!! Unfortunately my MRT mufflers still haven’t shown up. WTF. Got to call them today for sure. But I did get the following installed today:

• Steeda Panhard Bar
• Steeda Panhard Bar Brace

*Pictures of mine to follow later!

Man, my launches are so much more firm now!!!!! And the car is much tighter on the back end. I was shocked. The stock panhard bar is filled with lead and when you move it from side to side, you can actually hear the lead move from one end of the car to another. This new Steeda one is significantly lighter, and a lot stronger.

While I was at Excessive today, I also decided I needed to spray a bit to make sure I didn’t duplicate last weekend’s mishap even though they fixed it. So Excessive heated up the bottle and I went for a test run on the Nitrous tune. They directed me to a safe area to test it near the shop and off I went.

First impressions: Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sprayed 3 times and it slammed me in my seat each time. Feeling that 360 RWTQ kick in each time was an adrenaline rush!!!!! I meant to spray once, but it was so f’ing fun that I did it three times. Woo hooo. I never heard my 6 roar like this before, what a rush!!!!!! I came back to the shop with a huge grin from ear to ear, and they were like told ya…..she surprised us too when we took her for a test run. I'm glad I didn't get the remote bottle opener, and had a seperate tune put on the car for it. Otherwise I would be too tempted to use it on the street!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:00 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Panhard Bar/Brace Installed

Awsome! I was looking at the panhard bar too but wasnt sure if it would make that much of a difference...but now i know...
Old 03-09-2006, 09:07 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Panhard Bar/Brace Installed

in my case since im not a hardcore racer, ill be looking for products that match (color wise) but i will be looking for the best in that color lol.. thats awsome on your installs and test ride with the juice! i like it, i like it alot!