Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i didn't know squat! but i'm learning

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: i dont know squat!

==thanks tres i just spent about an hour with dave from express on the phone very cool guy. they are really close.
stock hood 4 hour install. weekend if your new at mods. pretty basic.==

Cool! I've traded several emails with Dave and he has been very friendly. Most of these outfits way underestimate installation time, I think I'll allow a weekend and if it gets done quicker than it'll be a bonus

Originally they were saying that swapping out the injectors wasn't going to be required. Actually I'm glad to hear that they are swapping injectors on the 48 state version, that means more power (insert Tim Allen grunts here)

== I did read somewhere that procharger recommends upgrading the fuel pump with their stage II set up though. ==

I've got a PDF of the Procharger instructions for all the kits including Stage II. They have a section on installing the bigger injectors, but there is nothing about installing a different fuel pump. It talks about removing the fuel pump relay during the injector replacement, but the stock pump stays in place.

== Any idea what they are going to sound like?==

I ran across a MPEG on the 'net of a Ranger 4.0 with an X-Charger on it. I'll have to see if I can find it again. It was pretty wicked sounding
Old 03-17-2006, 02:08 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

ORIGINAL: afixer

yep thats the one im waiting for. not to big not to small J u s t R i g h t! it just looks so much more stock. not to bash any of the others msp or flap and such but, old school guy here i like the retro looks and that looks like it belongs on my car! and as far as power. not a big dragster but .... well lets just leave it at that.
you're right man. i like it because it reminds me of an old whipple-style blower, like on my dad's old funny car. i also wouldn't mind having a blower sticking out of the hood.

does the line "i'll drive that tanker" mean anything to you guys?
you must not have checked my credits i was in south africa for 3 monthes working on mad max 4 untill we got shut down do to the irac thing three years ago.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/098ABBDAE232474DA7C88248AD29DE6F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-17-2006, 03:03 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I finally found the clip. This is a 4x4 Ranger with a 4.0 (and X-Charger) in it. Of course a Mustang will sound totally different, but this will give you an idea of what the X-Charger sounds like.

http://videos.streetfire.net/iplayer...5-D0BAA4A85B66

If the above link doesn't work, go here and click where it says "click here":

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/417465/8
Old 03-17-2006, 11:30 AM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

I'm liking the sound of the x charger.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:37 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

is it me or does the SC make it sound like an electric RC car? it sounds really weird but kool. id like to see some definative HP number for the mustangs though. the design is alot better then the ones that require brackets, and 85 different pipes. (im exagerating on that)
Old 03-17-2006, 12:13 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

yep thats the one im waiting for. not to big not to small J u s t R i g h t! it just looks so much more stock. not to bash any of the others msp or flap and such but, old school guy here i like the retro looks and that looks like it belongs on my car! and as far as power. not a big dragster but .... well lets just leave it at that.
you're right man. i like it because it reminds me of an old whipple-style blower, like on my dad's old funny car. i also wouldn't mind having a blower sticking out of the hood.

does the line "i'll drive that tanker" mean anything to you guys?
you must not have checked my credits i was in south africa for 3 monthes working on mad max 4 untill we got shut down do to the irac thing three years ago.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/098ABBDAE232474DA7C88248AD29DE6F.jpg[/IMG]
you are my new hero. i want to be just like you.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

is it me or does the SC make it sound like an electric RC car? it sounds really weird but kool. id like to see some definative HP number for the mustangs though. the design is alot better then the ones that require brackets, and 85 different pipes. (im exagerating on that)
I think the truck itself sounds strange, it sounds like it's running a 4 banger. The exhaust note is really wimpy, doesn't sound at all like a Mustang for some reason. The SC sounds about like most SCs do, it's the kind of whiney sound that makes people look and wonder if you've got a bad alternator or something
Old 03-17-2006, 02:52 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright
I think the truck itself sounds strange, it sounds like it's running a 4 banger. The exhaust note is really wimpy, doesn't sound at all like a Mustang for some reason.
um... just a guess... it doesn't sound like a Mustang cus it's a Ranger! [sm=gobble.gif]
Old 03-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

It's the same 4.0l V6 motor as in the Mustangs. You'd think the exhaust would at least be in the ballpark, but to me it sounds really wimpy (watch/ listen near the end of the clip when the camera is near the back).
Old 03-17-2006, 04:23 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

tres great posting thanks for all the info. this should def be an alternative for some of us. cant wait to get some real use feedback. hopfully soon.

Quick Reply: i didn't know squat! but i'm learning