Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

B.S :^p

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: B.S :^p

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

im still undecided on the saleen spoiler but i am actually leaning towards not getting it at all. as for the saleen looking a bit different, it will. im actually taking some ideas off teh saleen s7 and contemplating using it for the mustang saleen. i currently have body scoops. i have xenon window scoops being painted along with a boss style hood scoop. anyway, the ideas i wanna fiddle with are like this. the S7 has a small opening in the hood. well, i have a hood scoop. then i got to thinking that the S7 also has a real sleek looking roof scoop. granted that this particular scoop is actually a functional scoop for intake air to the S7's engine bay but i was thinking that if its a saleen that maybe i should try to make my car more like an S7. its just an idea rite now but the more i think about it the more stylish it will be simply cuz it will not have been done. the mustang kit has many of the features of teh s7 in alot of ways, so to take that to the next step would be a tribute to the all american bad *** (S7 i mean). nothings final except me getting the kit but if i do it.... rest assured i wont stop until i have made steve saleen himself proud of my little 6. there is always hope for something new and better, and my ideas will always be changing. maybe its something i do later on, only time will tell. anyway, what ideas do you guys have for rims? i really like these. what do you think?

I like em. How much?!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:36 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

for the 20's they are 1800 or 1900. the 19's rae 1600 or 1700. i was thinking because of the smaller engine displacement i should drop down an inch for the rims. 20's is the saleen size but 20's for the 6 mite be alot of stress so i though why not. if i dont get these then im stuck cuz i like the saleen without chrome but i really like these and they cost less then the saleen would.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:45 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

no offense man...but your car is not a saleen, and has no buisiness looking like one. You need to find an after market kit that doesn't come standard on another version of a mustang.

V6 owners who put:
gt, cobra, or saleen badges on their cars
saleen bodykits
cobra bodykits
engine size badges higher then their actuall engine

are POSERS

as well as GT owners who put anything minus the GT badge on their car
Old 03-16-2006, 06:09 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

The car show thing is untrue. I've beat V-8s at a couple of car shows last year and thats without any mod except for the stripes. It's all in the showman ship.
One show I got beat by a GT because they put a Saleen supercharger on even before Saleen released theirs (according to my dealer) because of the timing issues they were having
I didn't say he couldn't win.... I said be prepared to listen to the people walking by all day going "It's only a V6" and "why didn't you get a GT?" I was tlaking about the reaction from the people that are walking through the show...

As far as winning my car does very well in "judged" shows... in partipant vote it doesn't do so well... especially in shows that have no or very few classes... LOL!

Old 03-16-2006, 06:14 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

no offense man...but your car is not a saleen, and has no buisiness looking like one. You need to find an after market kit that doesn't come standard on another version of a mustang.

V6 owners who put:
gt, cobra, or saleen badges on their cars
saleen bodykits
cobra bodykits
engine size badges higher then their actuall engine

are POSERS

as well as GT owners who put anything minus the GT badge on their car
i agree 100% with the badges... I'm more tolerant of body kits.... LOL
Old 03-16-2006, 06:22 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

same here i have been in one show and a couple of just park and talks on friday nights at the local car hop. the show i entered was sponsored at the local car dealer. they grouped all the o5s together. a totaly detailed my car and was the onlyone with my hood up. yep lots of why and stuff. but at the end of the day first went to a garaged full dressed carbon car. with 20 " blings and i took second beating out 6 other gts. felt pretty good.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/5C92187EB5174AA9BEC25EE7294A9AB2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/E7FC3332FE954C48A134EE23988E4574.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/B56B72F27DDE4C2485B4C47A334F8DC9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-16-2006, 07:19 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

afixer....looks so nice! Smooth detail job!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:55 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

if i ge tmy hands on the saleen exhaust i would get teh saleen rear end

but i think the sound of MRT's would tickle my fancy more..
Old 03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I have access to the saleen bumper cover but it wouldnt look right with just it. I still need the sides and the trunk pieces for it to look right since it sticks out further than the original bumper cover. If you know how I can get just the pieces I would need I'd definately do the entire saleen rear end. I called saleen and they only sell package deals which are $750. If I cant find the pieces I need in about a week I'm going to chop up the exhaust and have the flat tips come out where the normal gt exhaust sits(I'll do some trimming for it to look right, this is where I'm glad I have the v6 bumper). I think it will look good that way and I will save $750.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:08 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06mustang
, my car still has 2 more cylinders then your jap crap and no matter your power adders, unless your pumping over 400 hp the TQ on a honda will not come close. in MY book TQ makes or breaks a race. HP is fine but with no TQ your wasting time.
just for the record, I own a GT, modded a little at that and I had a kid last week in a 93 civic hatch damn near beat me, I'm talking 0-80 I had him by half a length. That bastard was quick. when we started I was all like "whatever" and "ooohhh another fart can" but when we wen and he hung with me til bout 60 and THEN i started pullin, I was actually a little shocked. Later I found out he had a B18B engine swap with spoon internals and a bunch of other pocket rocket stuff but still 4 banger civic almost owned me, lol.

Quick Reply: B.S :^p