Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

B.S :^p

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: B.S :^p

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

it seems like we have mixxed feelings about a v6 wearing the saleen name. i expected this when i posted here and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. however i still dont think that what i am doing in anyway disgraces or puts a bad name to saleen or to the mustang itself. its about a vision of having something that most would say shouldnt be done or cannot be done. i totally respect any person who does something to his or her car that is done right and in good taste. the saleen kit is a wonderful and damn sexy kit that for teh longest time had the stigma that it was JUST for a V8. well why is that? if the V8 crowd can enjoy the saleen look where does that leave the owners who love their v6? they settle for hand me down body kits? a case in point is the 3dcarbon body kit for the v6. while there is nothing wrong with it, its cheap looking when you compare it to the GT kit or with the boy racer. i understand that the GT is the staple of mustang power but what do you think will happen when the GT500 hits the floors? youll see GT owners replacing the entire front clip just so they have the look of a GT500. are they trying to be a 500? no, i would guess that they love the appearance of the 500 more then teh stock pieces. all i'm saying is that because a body kit is put on GT's doesnt make it a "GT ONLY" kit. as for the comments of more power to at least hold my own, i totally feel you on that. i plan on making my 6 a real sweet 6. with my lofty goal of 250WHP it should provide a spirited sprint down the track. also, when i say jap crap im talking about the supposed tuners who think a fart can makes their car a race car. i respect a "done right " car. 4,6, 8, 10... whatever cylinders. if you haev done your stuff right then yeah they get repect, im just mainly talking about the retards who hae no clue and think they have this fast *** ride. and ohhhhhh yeah i know about those sleeper 4 bangers. however down here in grand forks ND, most talk a pretty sad game.
First of all, you CAN put the boy racer kit on a V6, no reason why you can't. Any kit will do either a GT or V6, you just might have to change the grille (you're changing everything else when putting on a kit anyways, whats a grille?) And all you're doing is putting on a body kit, no one ever said "that cannot be done". I just think it shouldn't be done because it's incorrect. Anyways, I don't want to offend you, I just want to dissuade you from putting something on your car that is false. I can guarantee you, the only people who will really dig it will be non-mustang enthusiasts. Anyone who knows anything about mustangs will see your car and laugh as they walk off thinking "Did you just see the a$$hole with the saleen kit on his v6?"

Anyways, to each his own, good luck in your venture...No hard feelings at all.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:24 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

no matter what, i will get the kit. its not a v8 powered saleen and maybe your right that i'll only impress non-mustang owners. however i have to believe that even if all i do is impress non-mustang owners, point is i did impress someone. i impressed myself and most of all, i did what i said i was gonna do. i have a bad habit of saying i'll do something and then get swayed not to or i just dont do it at all. windveil, your stating your opinion and i have no probs with that. i just dont want you to think because its a saleen kit on the car that "i think" its a saleen certified car. it never will be and i know that. anyways thanks for all the replies, good, bad, or indifferent. i hope that as the project comes along that i will not disappoint and those that dont see it now perhaps will later. keep up the comments or ideas, cuz damn i'll need them.

by the way, i will be rolling on 19's most likely. what is the recommended size tires that i should fit on her? 235's??? of all the knowledge about cars i have, tires always screw me up.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

06mustang you should check ebay frequently for the saleen exhaust. After i bought mine for $103, 2 more sold for $250 each. It looks like I might go ahead with the entire saleen rear end kit. I found a guy that will sell me just the pieces I need. I'll be looking into filling in the saleen badge on the bumper cover though.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:50 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

no offense man...but your car is not a saleen, and has no buisiness looking like one. You need to find an after market kit that doesn't come standard on another version of a mustang.

V6 owners who put:
gt, cobra, or saleen badges on their cars
saleen bodykits
cobra bodykits
engine size badges higher then their actuall engine

are POSERS

as well as GT owners who put anything minus the GT badge on their car
Saleen,Roush,Shelby...they all sell parts for their cars. Who are they gonna sell 'em to? It seems that the owners of their cars already have these parts on 'em. If they don't care what car they end up on why should you? Judge not Pastor lest ye be judged. And have a look at my "GT 350". [:-] If you don't like it you can take over the payments and tear the stripes off.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:27 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TNT1968

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

no offense man...but your car is not a saleen, and has no buisiness looking like one. You need to find an after market kit that doesn't come standard on another version of a mustang.

V6 owners who put:
gt, cobra, or saleen badges on their cars
saleen bodykits
cobra bodykits
engine size badges higher then their actuall engine

are POSERS

as well as GT owners who put anything minus the GT badge on their car
Saleen,Roush,Shelby...they all sell parts for their cars. Who are they gonna sell 'em to? It seems that the owners of their cars already have these parts on 'em. If they don't care what car they end up on why should you? Judge not Pastor lest ye be judged. And have a look at my "GT 350". [:-] If you don't like it you can take over the payments and tear the stripes off.
i like the way you think!

its all up to who owns the ride to do what they want with it

like i personally wouldnt do somethings over others.. but its my decision .. but if i see another car with exactly what i dindt want on my car, im not gonna care cuz its not on MY car.. others can think the same about me, and i honestly couldnt give a hoot about it
Old 03-17-2006, 09:32 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

no matter what, i will get the kit. its not a v8 powered saleen and maybe your right that i'll only impress non-mustang owners. however i have to believe that even if all i do is impress non-mustang owners, point is i did impress someone. i impressed myself and most of all, i did what i said i was gonna do. i have a bad habit of saying i'll do something and then get swayed not to or i just dont do it at all. windveil, your stating your opinion and i have no probs with that. i just dont want you to think because its a saleen kit on the car that "i think" its a saleen certified car. it never will be and i know that. anyways thanks for all the replies, good, bad, or indifferent. i hope that as the project comes along that i will not disappoint and those that dont see it now perhaps will later. keep up the comments or ideas, cuz damn i'll need them.

by the way, i will be rolling on 19's most likely. what is the recommended size tires that i should fit on her? 235's??? of all the knowledge about cars i have, tires always screw me up.

It really depends on the width of the 19" rims. I'm sure they are at least 8" wide, more likely 9" wide. Either way, you could get away with at least 255's. If they are 9" wide, a nice setup would be 255's in the front and 275's in the back. The profile (height of tire) is up to you, but I wouldn't go below 35's or the ride will be harsh. So you might end up with something like 255/35/ZR19 in the front and 275/35/ZR19 in the back. Just keep in mind you'll have to recalibrate your speedo after swapping the wheels. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

as i stated over and over again, the opinions here are your own. in the end, whatever makes you feel that your car is the best and brightest that it can be, then thats all that should matter. by the way windveil thanks for the info on the tires. i just may go with that.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:51 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

as i stated over and over again, the opinions here are your own. in the end, whatever makes you feel that your car is the best and brightest that it can be, then thats all that should matter. by the way windveil thanks for the info on the tires. i just may go with that.
I completely agree... your car so do what you want.... My point is if you plan on showing a V6 you need to have/develop a THICK SKIN because you most likely will get a fair amount of negative comments... i entered probably 20 car shows or more last summer... I sit with my car ALL DAY... most people are very cool... but you have to deal with the guys that want to bash your car... I mean if we get bashed in here the moderators will step in... at a public car show there is no moderators... that's the point I'm making... I'm not telling anybody what to do with their car... I'm just sharing what a few of who show are V6's have experienced....
Old 03-18-2006, 01:10 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

rite on. hey guys, on a subject unrelated to the saleen kit, i gotta know, whats your HP #'s stock when you took it to a dyno? 5 speeds more so then autos simply because i belive you loose just a little bit more HP for the auto then the 5 speed. also, i read that the 5 speed can do 15's in the quarter. what numbers have you run? thanx.