Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Driveability in snow

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:03 PM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

Default Driveability in snow

hey guys, im a little out of place here, but im trying to get my mom into a v6 stang its real mint its a green 2006 coupe with a v6 and an auto trannie. i need to know how these are in the snow, and how they are jsut around town. are they reliable?
please let me know becasue this car wont last long! thanks!!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Driveability in snow

i have had no problem in the snow but u just gotta drive slower and more careful in the snow..... lol. u could always get snow tires or whatever tho if u want but yea... ive had no problem whatso ever in the snow. Like my mother would say.... i trust u on the roads but i dont trust everyone else. lol
Old 03-16-2006, 08:23 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

snow tires+ traction control + (2) 50lbs dumb-bell weights in the trunk = and you have yourself a car that will out handle a FWD car in the snow

i had no problem with mine, i actually drove half the winter with my summer tires on... but i personally recomend to turn of traction control in the winter.. youll go through brakes like crazy.. since your brake stops your wheel spin... sometimes your better off spinning out

many a times when traction controll was on i was stuck.. i turned it off and trucked through the snow
Old 03-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Nuke1
1st Gear Member

Hi! I live in Montreal (in the big white north called Canada) and we have winter here. I recommend snow tires because I tried driving in snow with 4 season and the rear of the always wanted to go bofore the front in the turns!!!!

With snow tires, whitout any added weigh its quite o.k. but be carefull with the gas because you will spinning the tires klike hell, espicially when turning. Sorry for my english because my first langguage is french.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:44 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke1

Hi! I live in Montreal (in the big white north called Canada) and we have winter here. I recommend snow tires because I tried driving in snow with 4 season and the rear of the always wanted to go bofore the front in the turns!!!!

With snow tires, whitout any added weigh its quite o.k. but be carefull with the gas because you will spinning the tires klike hell, espicially when turning. Sorry for my english because my first langguage is french.

HI im from OTTAWA , actually rockland! 1 hour from you!!!, it all depends whos behind the wheel
Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

also this winter was mild and it sucked.. i went snowboarding once this season :S... lame... i should not have even bothered putting my car away for the whole 2 months its been now
Old 03-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Nuke1
1st Gear Member

Sorry blackfoot, but I have benn driving for 30 years, and I think I know wath I am doing.... Try it in deep snow and we will talk again about snow tires....

Old 03-16-2006, 08:59 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

lol i race cars on ice and snow... i may be young but i have experience too... i spent 2/3rd the winter on summer rubber on my 05, and i had 4/16th's tread left.. no weights in the trunk and i turned off traction control everytime i turned the car on, to me TCS is good in the rain, its a pain in the *** in the snow
Old 03-16-2006, 09:01 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

and im not gonna argue the fact about snowtires, cuz we are both on the same side for them, i was just meerly saying depends whos behind the wheel if they are gonna need snowtires or if they are gonna be happy with their all seasons
Old 03-16-2006, 09:27 PM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

thanks to speed racer and the old guy i now know what to tell my mom to expect. so far i know to tell her to stay away from other stangs! j/k lol
thanks to everyone who provided input, and props for the traction control shut off thing (very helpful). the car will probably get studded snows on the back in the winter.

Quick Reply: Driveability in snow