Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

duals...bumper issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:53 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default duals...bumper issues

so i was looking into getting duals and right now my favorites are the jba's and the gt take offs, but i am really not into permanent modifications to my car (because i want to sell it back to the dealer in a few years) so i have decided to go with the jba's

anyways, i really am not into cutting my bumper or buying a used bumper off ebay or something, and ford wants more than 2k for a gt one (pretty much they are trying to rip me off big time...seriosuly, 1/12th of the price of the car cannot be the friggen bumper)

so i was wondering if there are any other options for me, i saw the rear valences, but i am not too sure how they work. would they require me to cut my bumper? or would they just stick onto the bottom?

thanks
Old 03-17-2006, 08:33 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: duals...bumper issues

You could just let it stick out the bottom but it would look funny plus it would probobly burn the bumber over time anyway so you would want to cut it. Don't worry about the value going down, that happened once your name was put on the title!! lol Plus its not a garage queen and your driving it so don't worry. Just keep the miles low if its that big of a deal. If its that big of a deal you should have a Mustang. No disrespect or anything but I can't stand seeing 99 mustangs around here that have not had a thing done to them. It don't make any sense. ITS A MUSTANG If you want a car get a Neon or a Focus lol. I guess its easer for me to say having that I only took on a $15,000 loan to get my stang in stead of like a $22 - $23,000 loan but I would still be modding eather way.

Jst go to a good local muffler shop and they should be able to make it look clean.

Old 03-17-2006, 09:17 AM
danalor
1st Gear Member

Did you call Saleen, they may sell you just the bumper out of the GT upgrade kit, they sold me just the GT side rocker panels. If they're willing they will probably give you a price you can't pass on.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:27 AM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

I had my v6 rear bumper cut and it looked great ... kinda like vintage 90's LX 5.0 But since someone cracked my bumper I then went to ebay and got rear bumper , front bumper with grill and fog lights, and side skirts ALL PAINTED for less than what the insurance company gave me as an allowance for just the rear bumper and painted by the shop. It looks great and I had it within a week. Now I just have to adjust my pipes a little more to get them to center up better in the GT openings...

BTW - Front end goes in within the next 2 or 3 weeks... then I'll post pic's and hopefully some vid of the S/C @ work
Old 03-17-2006, 10:53 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

i dont seeing cutting your rear bumper dropping the price of your ride once you sell her. just make sure that whoever does it is a respected shop so that you dont have paint start flaking off due to a crappy hack job. it should look pimp. go for the duals with cut and youll be kool.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

You won't get much difference in trade in whatever you do to your car. If you want to keep it stock (or put it back to stock) and sell your new parts on e-bay, thats one way of making more money on the deal. But I don't know if it's worth the aggravation. Search e-bay and from time to time you will be able to find a GT take off bumper in the color you need at a reasonable price.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

You're not going to be taking the duals off if you sell it, so just go ahead and cut the bumper. The bumper material is very thin, it took me less than a minute to cut a matching slot on the left side using a dremel tool with cutoff bit. It's not going to hurt the resale value.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:51 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

I don't know about you guys, but my Stang will be mine until it runs into the ground and will never be anyone elses.... Never selling it!
Old 03-17-2006, 03:52 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

P.S. - my bumper cut is clean as hell and took me 10 minutes...looks stock.

Actually, now it looks better than stock with two fat shiny pipes sticking out!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:10 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop

I don't know about you guys, but my Stang will be mine until it runs into the ground and will never be anyone elses.... Never selling it!
same here. i'll be an old fart driving around in a 'stang.

Quick Reply: duals...bumper issues