Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The 125HP jets are in!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:50 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The 125HP jets are in!!!!

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop

So how much further do you think you can take it? I'm curious how stout our stock bottom end is... Congrats on the numbers, those are incredible!

Definitely stopping at the 125's... LOL! Apparently fuel becomes an issue with the 150's... so I think we'll just have to make do with the 125's...
Old 03-17-2006, 10:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

So how much further do you think you can take it? I'm curious how stout our stock bottom end is... Congrats on the numbers, those are incredible!

Definitely stopping at the 125's... LOL! Apparently fuel becomes an issue with the 150's... so I think we'll just have to make do with the 125's...
What about the fuel? Have to change the fuel pump? What about your drive train, Lideo or MRT say anything about that. Is a girdle in your future? Or did they say it wasn't necessary. The auto absorbs a lot of it.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

What about the fuel? Have to change the fuel pump? What about your drive train, Lideo or MRT say anything about that. Is a girdle in your future? Or did they say it wasn't necessary. The auto absorbs a lot of it.
Nope... stock fuel pump... although we played around with the fuel jets to get the A/F in the ballpark... Lidio fine tuned the A/F in my tune... Both Lidio and Scott feel the 7.5 is going to hold up for us with automatics!!! You just can punish the rear end like a manual can! LOL!

Old 03-17-2006, 11:17 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

damn... that is just the sweetest thing I've heard all day! You've got a beast! [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 03-17-2006, 11:40 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

damn... that is just the sweetest thing I've heard all day! You've got a beast! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

no.... "The Mistress" is just a sweet little 'ol V6.... hehehehe....
Old 03-18-2006, 12:43 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

no.... "The Mistress" is just a sweet little 'ol V6.... hehehehe....
uh huh... that's like comparing Godzilla to the Geiko gecko...
Old 03-18-2006, 03:20 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Both Lidio and Scott feel the 7.5 is going to hold up for us with automatics!!! You just can punish the rear end like a manual can! LOL!
Scrming, good job on those torque numbers. Are you saying that for us manuels that plan on putting power adders on will have to get 8.5 rear to hold under all that pressure? How much pressure do you think the 7.5 can hold on a stick, and oh can you post a link of a 8.5 rear b/c i'm not certain if you guys are talkn about replacing the whole rear axle or what.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:04 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Both Lidio and Scott feel the 7.5 is going to hold up for us with automatics!!! You just can punish the rear end like a manual can! LOL!
Scrming, good job on those torque numbers. Are you saying that for us manuels that plan on putting power adders on will have to get 8.5 rear to hold under all that pressure? How much pressure do you think the 7.5 can hold on a stick, and oh can you post a link of a 8.5 rear b/c i'm not certain if you guys are talkn about replacing the whole rear axle or what.
we're talking the whole rear end when we say 8.8"... we mean differential, axles, etc... I don't know the price but for some reason $1,800 stick in my head... LOL!

As far as how much the 7.5 can take with a manual... I'm not certain... and while Powerhouse busted there 7.5 on a couple of occasions they were VERY ABUSIVE to the poor thing! LOL! They basically had their Nitrous setup to come on a part throttle so they were launching WHILE THEY WERE SPRAYING! LOL! And they were dumping the clutch at 5500+ RPM! Guess we'll need to wait untl one to the manual guys starts pounding on their 7.5! LOL!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:46 AM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

Might as well stay with the 7.5" until you break it right?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:24 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Might as well stay with the 7.5" until you break it right?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
My thoughts exactly. If I break it, then that means I am pushing some serious power and I'd be more than happy to replace it at that point. LOL.

Quick Reply: The 125HP jets are in!!!!