Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Exhaust pics! (Flowmaster 40s)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 11:10 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default New Exhaust pics! (Flowmaster 40s)

Hey everyone. I had some stuff done to my exhaust, since it was already going in to have the bung welded in for my AEM A/F gauge.

I had them put in two resonators (glass packs) at a 3" stagger to separate the exhaust pulses. My drone is completely gone now. They were suprised. They had never thought of trying that before. Now it sounds mean on the outside, but nice and quiet on the inside. Also, what was left of the high-end exhaust note (which wasn't much anyway) is gone. No one can ever confuse me with a ricer now. )

Anyways, on to the pics (click pics for larger size):

Old 03-18-2006, 12:07 PM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New Exhaust pics! (Flowmaster 40s)

Looks good. May I ask why you had the resonators put in at a 3" stagger instead of evenly side by side?
Old 03-18-2006, 12:49 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Looks great, keep it up.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:32 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 02pnygt

Looks good. May I ask why you had the resonators put in at a 3" stagger instead of evenly side by side?
Look above, in the first line of my original post.

When you have straight duals, the exhaust pulses travel down the pipes at the same time. This causes the "drone" that many experience with true duals. The staggered resonators make the pulses happen at different times down the pipe, which gets rid of the "drone".

Old 03-18-2006, 01:59 PM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

I saw that the resonators were to get rid of the drone. Didn't realize that by off setting them that it changed the exhaust pulses. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:15 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

mya i ask that you PLEASE PLESE PLEASE get a video or SOMETHING...i want to hear that beast revv up
Old 03-18-2006, 06:14 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Im interested in those resonators. I'd really like to hear a sound clip as well.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:15 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Soon guys... soon.

I have to work from 6pm to 6am, so I'm going to bed!
Old 03-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Oh man just got the dual MRT muffler setup with the h-pipe had the piping for a 3 weeks but got the new mufflers and oh my gosh it is so loud inside and the floor vibrates it sounds like a boat will these resonators reduce that I got a headache just riding in it today for about an hour but when you fire up the car no lie it sounds like an eight if you floor it you will get that high pitch sound but i think its because there new with my old mufflers they were like that for a week and then got really deep so will give these mufflers a week and they should sound outragous but I have to get rid of the vibration and loud noise oh when you hit a bump do you feel the piping move man there are so many freakin problems should have just stuck with the single![sm=badidea.gif]
Old 03-18-2006, 11:23 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flapjack

Hey everyone. I had some stuff done to my exhaust, since it was already going in to have the bung welded in for my AEM A/F gauge.

I had them put in two resonators (glass packs) at a 3" stagger to separate the exhaust pulses. My drone is completely gone now. They were suprised. They had never thought of trying that before. Now it sounds mean on the outside, but nice and quiet on the inside. Also, what was left of the high-end exhaust note (which wasn't much anyway) is gone. No one can ever confuse me with a ricer now. )

Anyways, on to the pics (click pics for larger size):

that install looks great, makes me want to cut mine out and start over

Quick Reply: New Exhaust pics! (Flowmaster 40s)