Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WICKED COOL OR WICKED FAKE????

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WICKED COOL OR WICKED FAKE????

it was back in the 80s-early90s (82-92) body style on the T/A

chris
Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

lol he doesnt even know what kind of wheels he has...

They are the Falken Koblenz in machined finish...what a dooshe, i doubt its even his car with as little as he knows about it.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:38 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: will_c

yeah i noticed the "TRUNK BADGE" too........lol

and you would think that if its SCed, then you would at least have some sweet pics of the engine!!!!! I would love to see the engine that puts out 535 HP. And yes, i also like the look, but i just wanted to know what the deal was with the "GTA" and 535 HP.
It doesn't sound like the guy doing the posting owns the car IMO. You would think he would know what kind of rims he has...good catch CAIN...

BTW - Here's my car so you can see what an over 500 RWHP (over 600 to the fly) engine looks like....

http://homepage.mac.com/chevykiller/PhotoAlbum4.html
Old 03-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop

Well, first of all, this guy is full of ****. A "GTA" was a model back in the 60's or 70's, meaning GT Automatic.
Exactly, that's what I find really hilarious about it! It appears the emblems are either off of an original 60's era GTA or are repros, but indeed the original GTA was an indication that it had an auto tranny and this one is a manual. Geesh!

A lot of the GT guys have replaced the GT trunk trim with the pony trim because it looks better, so that's probably what this guy did. I'm guessing the car is a GT, but yeah, those HP numbers are no doubt highly inflated. That particular site seems to have an abundance of exaggerated performance claims on Mustangs.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

BTW - Here's my car so you can see what an over 500 RWHP (over 600 to the fly) engine looks like....
Very nice!! You've got a LOT of time and money invested in that ride!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

First off major props to chevy killer... by far the nicest stang i have ever seen and second off the most far fetched idea i could think of since there is no mention of any performance mods of anything maybe he took a gt did all that other stuff and in addition to that he put and "A" (hits the GTA) spec engine in it. now i know this is about as far off as anything but just laying down all the possibilities. but my real guess is hes full of sh*t..
Old 03-23-2006, 06:39 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i think the A has some sort of resemblence to himself, like his first name perhaps is Andrew... and he didnt want to be identified with the other typical GT's so he made a custom badge becasue he did so much work and spent so much time. I had the same idea for my 89' stang project... but i changed my mind lol
Old 03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

i think the A has some sort of resemblence to himself, like his first name perhaps is Andrew... and he didnt want to be identified with the other typical GT's so he made a custom badge becasue he did so much work and spent so much time. I had the same idea for my 89' stang project... but i changed my mind lol
No! That is a retro badge. There was indeed a Mustang GTA (GT, automatic) and that was the badge on it. This is a 67 GTA with that badge on the lower fender:

http://www.classiccarmall.com/carsfs/sale3079.htm

Hard to see, but it's there in the lower stripe.

The guy on car domain is a flat-out idiot, plain and simple.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:24 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

I may be wrong, but if a GT has the premium interior, should it not have the leather wrapped steering wheel? It looks great though.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Ok, well I have a cardomain page and Ive seen his car for a long time and yes its defenitely a Gt and I believe it has that much power and those badges look awesome I think its unique, but I guess if he had that much power he has to have something under the engine like a SC or Turbo so who knows but its a beatiful car you have to admit!

Quick Reply: WICKED COOL OR WICKED FAKE????