Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WICKED COOL OR WICKED FAKE????

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:44 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Default WICKED COOL OR WICKED FAKE????

Ok guys. check out this ride. It says its a "Mustang GTA"..........but what exactly is that? Does that even exist? I havent heard of it so I am pretty skeptical.

Dont get me wrong, it looks awesome......but 535 HP???? lets be realistic here. I know the steeda rear racing wing adds some HP , but not that much!!!!! There's no mention of a SC or Turbo????? i dont get it

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2006827
Old 03-23-2006, 03:09 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WICKED COOL OR WICKED FAKE????

Actually I think the GTA was just his bit of customization. Im sure hes got some sc or turbo but as far as the car im sure it is real. I think it looks pretty pimp **** if i do say so myself. That steeda wing is sexy.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

The funny thing is that it's not a real GT though. When it shows the back, on thw part that covers the key thing (sorry , i'm drawing a blank on the word here!) to open the durnk - instead of the horse like we have on our V6's, it should say GT. So that's a fake for one thing. But it looks too different in all the pictures. It's nice but maybe his or her name starts with an A so they added that haha. It's nice though. That color is growing on me the more i see it!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:22 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

yeah i noticed the "TRUNK BADGE" too........lol

and you would think that if its SCed, then you would at least have some sweet pics of the engine!!!!! I would love to see the engine that puts out 535 HP. And yes, i also like the look, but i just wanted to know what the deal was with the "GTA" and 535 HP.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:32 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

Well, first of all, this guy is full of ****. A "GTA" was a model back in the 60's or 70's, meaning GT Automatic. Second of all, he mentions a lot of parts but no power adder. He would definitely talk it up if he had one. The HP is rediculous, all he has done besides suspension work is added cosmetic crap that weighs the car down.

Some people...

BTW, he could have easily changed the rear decklid emblem out, who knows. For all we know it could be a v6, odd that with so many pics posted there are none of the engine bay...
Old 03-23-2006, 03:38 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

TRUNK BADGE! Haha, at least you knew what I was referring to! And like someone else said, he did add a lot of crap that would weigh the car down. Strange how he says he has 500 somethin hp but doesn't say if there is a turbo charger or anything in it. There is SO much I want to do to my car it's ridiculous. Unfortunately, between my car payment & insurance I can't afford to do much haha. I'm getting my new exhaust put in most likely today though WOO HOO!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Fig06
2nd Gear Member

Nice lookin car but I think the guy is full of sh## !
Just my 2 cents
Old 03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

Agreed.[:@]
Old 03-23-2006, 03:43 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

he's totally full of ****.

TOTALLY!
Old 03-23-2006, 04:03 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop

Well, first of all, this guy is full of ****. A "GTA" was a model back in the 60's or 70's, meaning GT Automatic. Second of all, he mentions a lot of parts but no power adder. He would definitely talk it up if he had one. The HP is rediculous, all he has done besides suspension work is added cosmetic crap that weighs the car down.

Some people...

BTW, he could have easily changed the rear decklid emblem out, who knows. For all we know it could be a v6, odd that with so many pics posted there are none of the engine bay...
I thought "GTA" was a designation for the Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am. Much like Cobra was a designation for a Mustang GT.

Quick Reply: WICKED COOL OR WICKED FAKE????