Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Aftermarket Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 12:47 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Aftermarket Radio

ORIGINAL: yvette

Hi my name is Yvette and I have a new mustang and i was wondering if you could post pictures of your floor mats and your deck please thanks. I'm debating between alpine, pioneer, and eclipse deck.
get the alpine . quality is soooo amazing!, the decks alone make your stock sound system really come to life!

i got a picture in another thread..(new pictures, car is droped ) thats the thread
Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

get the alpine . quality is soooo amazing!, the decks alone make your stock sound system really come to life!

i got a picture in another thread..(new pictures, car is droped ) thats the thread
totally agree about sound. i have the stock speakers and the sound is excellent. will replace when i fry these.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:04 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

lol i cant bring my deck volume past 17.. lol im scared ill blow the speakers
Old 03-26-2006, 02:37 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

In reply to someone else - I LOVE the Magnaflow. Naturally, I'm itching for more sound but this is still great for now. I just had them replace the muffler and they used the same stainless steel tip that was already on the stock one. I only paid $150 for everything I think.

I want to get one of the more expensive head unit radios soon but can't get it at the moment with my car payment HAHA. I like the way it sounds, we just gotta figure out which wire is messed up to where the two mini subs in the doors wont play. I have a memphis 12" sub in the trunk at the moment - gotta get Dynamat soon (my b/f can get it wholesale for me thank god) because the trunk is rattling like crazy. I'll take pics of her as soon as I get it all done and get her all clean. It's been crappy weather outside so she's all dirty

As for the rest of you gentlemen... ya'll crack me up! always appreciate the compliments
Old 03-26-2006, 08:34 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

SOMEONE ELSE??? Is that all I am, SOMEONE ELSE.

Just teasing, thanks for the reply and being a good sport. Good luck with the stereo, I'm pleased with the stock SHAKER 500 for the time being, I am more interested in finding the muffler that pleases me at the moment.

Take care,
Old 03-27-2006, 01:03 AM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

haha sorry - i had read all the other ones and forgot it was you that mentioned it ! and naturally i'm too lazy to look for it. and holy crap i just realized that all the posts are below when you are replying to another post. haha. and i looove my exhaust. she sounds so good now when i start her up. i get all excited and i want more power but i get headaches all the time soo i dunno if i could deal with it louder. funny you were on birdneck, lol. im like 10 min from it, maybe less. goodnight guys. sweet dreams of modding, haha.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:39 AM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

Hello Maddie,

Have you considered trying to keep the stock deck. They really are the best part of the stock system. I ordered my stang with the base stereo (CD & 4 speakers) because I knew I would install a bunch of stuff I had lying around in my basement from previous cars. Since I have a Vert, I kept the factory deck for a stealth mode appearance. I replaced the stock 5x7's with MTX's and used a low to high level input adapter (RCA) tapped off the front speaker leads. The RCA's went to my trunk where I installed two MTX 202 amps. 1 amp to my speakers, and 1 amp to my single 10" audiobahn sub. I wired it all together with a distribution block. It looks real clean and very stock. It also sounds a lot better than the SHaker 500 and the good news is that nobody will steal my stereo because it looks STOCK. People are surprised at how good this thing sounds. Just a thought.[sm=shades.gif]

Old 03-27-2006, 01:39 AM
IamtheChitt
1st Gear Member

MaddieMustang: The reason the subs in the door are not playing is because they play through your factory amp.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:23 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

MADDIE,

WOW, and I lost a whole nights sleep with my feelings hurt, thinking that I was just SOMEONE ELSE.

OK, enough of this joking around.

Is the muffler too loud for a convertible (with the top down)? I don't want IRENE to be complaining that the car is too loud. Anyone else jump in with thoughts on this (sounds like a topic for a post by me).

Take care.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:29 AM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

yeah that's what i thought :-/ - that it was through the facotry amp. that sucks.

As for you, Dave, it may be a little loud at first, but then again, if you have the top down with the wind blowing it probably won't be. mine's not too loud but when i have a bad headache (which is often) it's something that i wish i had a voume switch on, lol.