Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Aftermarket Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 03:34 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

Default Aftermarket Radio

For those of you who have put in your own aftermarket radio, how did you get the dash out to put the dash kit in in place of the Shaker? My boyfriend is an installer but he's pretty new to it and he's not sure how to take out my dash since the car is so new. Some Fords have two pins to stick in on either side but I don't know if you can just pop it out or if you need something to pop it out for you like the key things. Let me know! I'm dying to put my Memphis 12s in and my amp and my radio Thanks!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:25 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Aftermarket Radio

I have a step by step with pictures..I sent you a PM about this too.

Lisa
Old 03-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

open your center console and at the back are 2 screws take those out and then lift up that part and pull it off. The rest is pretty easy to figure out.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:07 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys

AND I got my Magnaflow exhaust installed yesterday. I love love love love it!
Old 03-24-2006, 02:15 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

wow i never realized how tall you are!!... the size of the hood must be an issue with you?? i know my sister complains
Old 03-24-2006, 03:08 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

haha. well im leaning against it too. i'm 5'2 - thank ford that the seat raises up LMAO. haha. im short. i hate it. but at least i can see over the steering wheel
Old 03-24-2006, 03:31 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

5'2 aaaaaaaaaaaah its the attack of the little people.... its ok my fiance is 5'2 as well.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:23 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaddieMustang

haha. well im leaning against it too. i'm 5'2 - thank ford that the seat raises up LMAO. haha. im short. i hate it. but at least i can see over the steering wheel
shortness is a hot factor for me too bad you have a boyfriend or i might start trying to pick you up.. lol hell at least go cruising!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:04 AM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

haha you'd have a nice little drive... i think you're in Canada right? I'm in VA Beach, VA LOL!! I do have a question though - for those who have replaced the stock radio with an aftermarket one, have you had any problems? I was talking to my dad a few minutes ago and he said that he's heard of problems with newer cars that some things stop working, i.e. dash lights, etc. I think he said it does that with Cadillacs (yeah because I could REALLY afford a car like that!) so I'm not sure if that's the same case with our cars of 05s-06s? I was planning on having my sub, amp & radio put in tomorrow or Sunday but not if it's gonna f' everything up, haha.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:15 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Hasnt messed mine up, and Im running with a pioneer 9600 deck, 1 kicker amp(rated at 2500.1RMS) and a SoloX((rated at 2500RMS) as well as two other amps,caps and all new speakers. Nope no problems.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Radio