Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

finally, springs and pony grill installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:08 PM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

Default finally, springs and pony grill installed

have had the pro-kit springs in my trunk for weeks, finally had ford put them on today. The grill went in last week, after several minor issues. $435 delivered for the pony grill and all the wiring, switch and all that jazz. the springs cost me $255 to install, but it was much cheaper than new tires to get rid of the crazy wheel gap i had. Still can't find anyone to fab the driver side pipe for duals though. Anyone know if you can just cut the pipes just after the cats and install a regular gt kit?

[IMG]local://upfiles/28446/C7B51A9DC98B4DB4B231BACC01BD068D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28446/0981802291AD4A648BAD00DD8C306FE3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28446/F6596B7B4FE848D09587AF8AE757A7A9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-24-2006, 11:27 PM
John_688
1st Gear Member

Default RE: finally, springs and pony grill installed

What type of minor issues with the grill ? I also plan to change to a pony grill and would like to know what to expect .
Old 03-24-2006, 11:31 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

I have been struggling with the decision to change out my billet grill (which I love) for the Pony grill (which I think looks very retro and very cool). How much trouble was it to install?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:38 PM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

dwittlinger@fredbeans.com is the guy I ordered it from, it was actually off ebay, but you may just shoot him an email. the first issue was with paypal through ebay, I screwed something up trying to do that. i called dave the next day and asked him what i should do because i didn't want to do the paypal again. i just gave him my credit card info, and he mailed it out that day. Had it in two business days later. when I got it, the directions said to pull the clips out, which was a pain, so I pushed them in, took less than 30 seconds to pop out the grill. second issue was the yellow wire you are suppose to tap into was so light, it looked dirty white to me, so I gave him a call. he got a wire schematic and directed me to the right head light, which let me know it was the REALLY light yellow. the last issue was the swith, the two slots where the wires are suppose to go already had wires in them. he informed me to just pull those out. The issues were very simple little things, but dave went out of his way to get back to asap. I would buy from him again in a heartbeat. Packaging was great, and delivery was quick and cheap UPS.

It also came with a lower insert too. I didn't put that in, but it is pretty cool
Old 03-24-2006, 11:42 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the feedback. My wife loves the look of the billet grill but I am leaning toward swapping out for the Pony grill. Yours looks very nice.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:43 PM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

sweet ride NC, it was a very easy install once I decided to push the tabs in instead of trying to pull them out, you will know what I am talking about when you go to take it off. Literally it took 30 seconds to pull the grill off after I took that approuch. wiring was quite easy. taking the switch out was a little tricky because it is hard to get to and the directions aren't real clear, but I sent him some tips on making it easier and he said he was going to add it to his directions, don't know if he did though. If you decide to get it let me know and I will hook you up.

I absolutely love the look of the pony grill compared to the plain one I had, though I do like your grill too, and your car looks great
Old 03-24-2006, 11:45 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

it costed you 255 to install your springs [&:]
Old 03-24-2006, 11:49 PM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

$255 on the dot, another place quoted me $325 i am not very mechanically inclined, don't have a lift, don't have a spring compressor, and can't afford to fix something if I screw it up real bad. I thought it was a hell of a deal from my stand point, though i do hate the fact that the install was more than the parts themselves, oh well, i will get over it
Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Haze. Yours looks great too. I intended to buy the Torch when I went shopping but they only had verts at that time and patience is not my best thing. I took mine to the shop today and had the guys tweak the XCal2 tune. Now that I have done everything to mine I wanted cosmetically I am concentrating my efforts under the hood.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:52 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

eeeeeesh even tho i did it myself.. the shop i bought the springs from shoped around to see who would do it(he didnt think i would do it) they found a shop who would do it for 80$ canadian

Quick Reply: finally, springs and pony grill installed