Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

lookin DAMN good

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:36 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: lookin DAMN good

WOW!!!! Nicely done!!!! That thing is awesome looking!!!

Yeah... that question... LOL! I've done probably 20 car shows... that question gets old after about the 500th time... LOL!

I'm thinking of changing my license plate soon...hehehehe..
Old 03-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

can i ask one of you a favor though? if anyone has teh time can you p-chop some rims and lower the car so i have a better idea of what rims i wanna roll with?

Konig Beyond's

Falken Koblenz

I like those Falkens.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

can i ask one of you a favor though? if anyone has teh time can you p-chop some rims and lower the car so i have a better idea of what rims i wanna roll with?

Konig Beyond's

Falken Koblenz

what the V6 stang looks like with Konig Beyonds 17x8 and the attachment is my attempt to lower it

[IMG]local://upfiles/30225/B92D93F18FC445299952AB52559C77CE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/30225/8B8A583E4D044AF495D2C5FE0441911F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-26-2006, 12:47 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Konig Beyond's

Falken Koblenz

hey go to the main page for MF and youll scroll to the bottom where it says chop shop they can do it for you there.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Very sweet car...

Does anyone know who makes the Boss 429 style scoop? I've seen it on a few dealer sites, but they never seem to specify the manufacturer.

I'm considering adding this to my car until CDC gets a shaker out for the V6
Old 03-26-2006, 01:06 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

torch vert, there is a shaker for teh 6. i'm not being much help cuz i dont know who makes it but there is a shaker so if you search it i'm sure youll find it. does anyone have a good website that does tire and rim package deals at a good price? also, lets say i got rims and i didnt have the tuner to compensate for the bigger rims, could i take it to the dealership and get it done there with the factory stuff??? thanks.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Thanks. I know about the one from FANG, but I don't want to change the hood, and FANG's hood has the "beak" like the '69-'70 hood, which I think looks a little too "retro" on the S197
Old 03-26-2006, 01:46 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

forgot to mention your car looks sweet.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:10 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

It's good that you can gaff off the "why didn't you get a V8" thing. I have a friend that loves my GT Vert and now really wants one but I am trying to talk him into a V6 so that I can help him mod it! I was telling him about the mods you guys are doing to your cars and how much fun it can be to do it. Besides, he can save some bucks and still have a quick car. Here's what I set him up for:

V6 Stang/5 speed manual
18 inch aftermarket wheels and tires (Goodyear F1's 275/35 rear and 255/35 front)
Eibach Pros/Tokicko Dspec's
Steeda Track bar and brace
BMR adjutable lower and upper control arms (w/rod ends)
Beefier anti-roll bars front and rear
Detroit TruTrack diff w 3:73 gears
Zex 100 shot
Headers/Jet Hot coated
C&L CAI/Evolution Performance Tune
Dual MRT's w /X pipe and Hi-Flow cats
Pro 5.0 shifter
Steeda UDP

This would be just the start for him. He waould have a pretty fast car that looked good and handled good. He still hasn't made up his mind yet.

thanks man. i can personally say that i prefer teh look and the material used on the xenon window scoops over the cervinis w.s i had before. i literally had one rip off the car going down the highway. i never did find it. the material used for the scoops is to stiff and wouldnt fit the body contours as well as the xenon does. after installing the body scoops and seeing how ply-able they are i decided they would be better suited for window scoop duty. as for the plates... i got sick of peeps asking if it was a 6 or an 8. now peeps see the plate and say "is it really a 6?!" its funny actually. i got mad with the question "why didnt you get a v8?" and now they think im lying about it. i cant seem to win, but oh well. thanks again for the compliments.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:42 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

well guys, by accident i looked at another website for rims and i FINALLy found the rims for the whip. the wife thinks they are hot and i think they are damn hot also. the look will go great with the current mods and future mods as well. what do you think???

Quick Reply: lookin DAMN good