Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Flapjack's ProCharger Dyno Run!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:31 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default Flapjack's ProCharger Dyno Run!

Finally, the moment so many have been waiting for...

Max HP = 320.96
Max Tq = 332.09

I went to Mile High Dyno Tuning up in Denver today. Scott and Joe are great guys and really took care of me. They weren't able to squeeze much more out of the tune from RPM Outlet, which I had edited a bit... but they were definitely able to work on the driveability. She's smooth as silk now. They netted me a gain of 7 HP and 13 Tq.

Here's my car by itself.

This is the best part. A guy (a nice guy, btw...) with a 2006 Legend Lime GT was having a CAI installed (not sure which brand), bought a Predator, and had his car tuned. Here's a scan comparing his best run with mine (I'm red, he's blue). :action-smiley-035: Don't let anyone tell you a GT with at CAI and exhaust will beat out a supercharged V6.... they're full of it. Here's a picture of us side-by-side.

Here's a video of my last dyno run.... (Make sure to right-click and "Save As..." otherwise your browser may open it as a bunch of garbly-gook)

(If you don't have Quicktime, you can get the awesome "Quicktime Alternative" from here. Personally, I won't install the real Quicktime on my computer...)

Finally, here's the actual scan of the printout I got from Mile High today. (Again, it's a comparison with the other guy's GT)

Old 03-26-2006, 02:52 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Flapjack's ProCharger Dyno Run!

Nice numbers!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:03 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Awesome! Thanks for putting yourself out there. The numbers are great! For those of us saving our bucks for a charger, your info has been very helpful. Keep us posted on any glitches that may arise over time so we see the good and the bad. Hopefully no bad. Way to go!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:08 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

I did the first oil change on the blower today. 500 miles to date. I could never go back to NA!
Old 03-26-2006, 04:27 AM
TheBest159
1st Gear Member

was the tune from RPM costom?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:30 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

nice power curve compared to the GT, it look if you where to race that gt that it would be a drivers race.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:00 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Great numbers! She must be a lotta fun!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: flapjack

I did the first oil change on the blower today. 500 miles to date. I could never go back to NA!
How is it changing the oil? Easy?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

nice power curve compared to the GT, it look if you where to race that gt that it would be a drivers race.

I'm sort of confused. With Flapjack beating the GT easily in both torque and HP by a significant margin throughout the run, I don't get where it would become a "drivers" race. The GT sure isn't any lighter or more aerodynamic. So what gets the GT back in the race? Unless Flapjack had the reaction time of a comatose tree sloth, I really don't get it. I'm not picking on your comment, I just wonder if there's some factor I'm missing...

As for you Mr. Flapjack, your reporting is terribly hard on those of us trying to resist the forced induction route for a little while

Old 03-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

A gt coulnt catch flapjack,he has 50 hp and 40 lb tq more , on a lighter car.....He can even let the gt get a head start (a la PINKS) and catch him by half track easily.

Quick Reply: Flapjack's ProCharger Dyno Run!