Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Trying to get a tradin option need opinons

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 07:22 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default Trying to get a tradin option need opinons

After a seeing a debate with people looking to tradin, buy a convertable im Looking at maybe trading my 05 in that has 700 miles on it for possibly a used or new 05 06 GT. If I still have 12000 left to pay on it will the dealer give me anything decent. Ive already decided Im not parting with the wheels and I believe thats what actually makes my car look good, but anyway how much you guys think I could get. Thanks for the input. Oh and the only way im trading it in is if I get a manual, no exceptions.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:41 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Trying to get a tradin option need opinons

No matter how well you do on trade, the car lost money the second it left the dealer's lot. You will not gain that back, unless you sell it privately. Remember, the dealer has to resell the car to make his money and he will not offer you what the car is actually worth.

I hate selling a vehicle, I prefer to trade. But, with what you have to offer, selling would be the way to go. These 05's and 06's are a hot item and a chance for a buyer to choose a truly, low mileage MUSTANG; it should sell easily and quickly and you would put several thousand more dollars in your pocket toward the GT.

The only reason that I am offering my thoughts; I have bought and sold a number of vehicles over the years (motorcycles and cars). I rarely sell a vehicle outright, understanding that when I trade a car, I am losing money. You do what you are comfortable with, but you seem to have a nice piece to sell and you could gain a lot of money quite easily by selling it yourself. My suspicions are that it would go to the first or second "looker".

Just my opinion
Old 03-27-2006, 08:43 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

No matter how well you do on trade, the car lost money the second it left the dealer's lot. You will not gain that back, unless you sell it privately. Remember, the dealer has to resell the car to make his money and he will not offer you what the car is actually worth.

I hate selling a vehicle, I prefer to trade. But, with what you have to offer, selling would be the way to go. These 05's and 06's are a hot item and a chance for a buyer to choose a truly, low mileage MUSTANG; it should sell easily and quickly and you would put several thousand more dollars in your pocket toward the GT.

The only reason that I am offering my thoughts; I have bought and sold a number of vehicles over the years (motorcycles and cars). I rarely sell a vehicle outright, understanding that when I trade a car, I am losing money. You do what you are comfortable with, but you seem to have a nice piece to sell and you could gain a lot of money quite easily by selling it yourself. My suspicions are that it would go to the first or second "looker".

Just my opinion
Old 03-27-2006, 08:51 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

ONE MORE THING.d (sorry about the double post above)

I was very fortunate with my 05 deal. We took IRENE's 99 laser red convertible in for inspection at the FORD dealer. After completing that, I dropped off my ESCAPE for the same thing. On the way out of the lot, I spotted the silver 05 that we bought, sitting on the used lot.

I did well on both ends, as IRENE's 99 only had 48,000 miles and years of my detailing care behind it (garage kept also), it brought the maximum trade that I could find in my internet research. By buying a slightly used 05, we still have a warranty AND we saved money on the purchase price (over a new one) AND got a decent trade for the 99. I was able to keep the 05 at my house overnight and really smoke it over for any problems.

My point, we saved a lot of money going the used route, and are confident that we bought a great, slightly used car (first time I used CARFAX for my consideration also). Great used MUSTANGS are out there, after some detailing and some added little tweaks we now have a car that we can be proud of. I wish you the same success.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the info i appreciate it.