Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My exhaust quest is over!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:10 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: My exhaust quest is over!

hey Rygen... so, where's the sound clips?!!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 PM
shave35

So Rygen the Flowmasters that you have on now are they the part #17410 American Thunders?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:03 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shave35

So Rygen the Flowmasters that you have on now are they the part #17410 American Thunders?
Yep, those are them!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:07 PM
shave35

Rygen It should be interesting to hear the difference between our cars. As you have the Magnaflow X pipe, and mine will have the MAC Prochamber installed tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the difference. Plus let me know if you have any drone as my car is the Auto trans.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shave35

Rygen It should be interesting to hear the difference between our cars. As you have the Magnaflow X pipe, and mine will have the MAC Prochamber installed tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the difference. Plus let me know if you have any drone as my car is the Auto trans.
I will get sound clips this weekend. I have little to no drone with these. But I am used to severe drone! The prochamber should provide a deeper sound.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Man I wish you would have posted this before I bought the mufflers, I have the dual MRTS and you want to talk about drone holly crap. And the funny part is the shop was going to order me that american thunder kit for the Gt but I told them not to will talk to scott and see if I can return if not I will just put resonators if yes I will order the American thunder kit dang it knew I should have just stuck with the original plan![:@] LOL
Old 03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Just curious, but how bad is the drone of the MRTs? It seems like everyone's running away from them now...the funny thing is that I'm finally scheduled to get them put in on Thursday morning. I'm going to go through with it anyway, but now I'm a little worried. They sounded great in the clips that I've heard...Rygen, were they that bad when excepcion put them on his car? It's funny because it feels like you're giving up on the arms (hp) race...
Old 03-28-2006, 06:50 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chidrock

Just curious, but how bad is the drone of the MRTs? It seems like everyone's running away from them now...the funny thing is that I'm finally scheduled to get them put in on Thursday morning. I'm going to go through with it anyway, but now I'm a little worried. They sounded great in the clips that I've heard...Rygen, were they that bad when excepcion put them on his car? It's funny because it feels like you're giving up on the arms (hp) race...
Woaaaaa!!!! Who said anything about giving up on the arms race. LOL. Man, don't scare me. Trying to gain 6HP with a muffler swap is hardly stepping away from the arms race, and I still have an x pipe with two high flow mufflers. And I have some other secret plans in process for putting down more power, and better ET's. I will eventually catch up to Scrming, just a matter of time baby, some more upgrades and some MT drag radials!

First off, Excepcion's car sounds great except at one range, I think 2300. That is fine because he is a manual, and can avoid drone by modify shift schedule. But I'm an auto, and I coummute from VA to DC every day, so I simply couldn't take the risk. Personally I think they sound great when the rev and at WOT. I just had to be realistic, this is still my daily driver.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:58 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

I was just kidding with the arms race comment. 6 hp is chump change to you guys! lol jk

I have an auto, and that 2300 drone sounds like trouble...that won't be fun with my hour long trip to work each day either. Hopefully having the shorty headers will change it from the long tubes. I just hope that I don't regret my purchase! (I really liked the clips that I heard of these) I never really dealt with drone before bc this will be the first time I'm around a car with duals. (sad, I know) Maybe I can fix when I get my C&L and tune...

Old 03-28-2006, 07:05 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chidrock

I was just kidding with the arms race comment. 6 hp is chump change to you guys! lol jk

I have an auto, and that 2300 drone sounds like trouble...that won't be fun with my hour long trip to work each day either. Hopefully having the shorty headers will change it from the long tubes. I just hope that I don't regret my purchase! (I really liked the clips that I heard of these) I never really dealt with drone before bc this will be the first time I'm around a car with duals. (sad, I know) Maybe I can fix when I get my C&L and tune...

ROFL. Yea, I have a good sense of humor...but we can't give Scrming the perception that he won the arms race. LOL. He will be the first one to email and declare victory, when in fact it just begun. I know he will get this via thread subscription and will have a smart *** comment. LOL. Bring it man.

Headers make it louder, so it could make the drone worse. Your setup is diffent, don't dismiss them, I wasn't trying to put down the MRT's, how can I, I bought them and have them in my garage. I was sold on them, I trust Scrming's analysis. They might be fine for you, I know they are slowly breaking in on Excepcion 13's car.

Quick Reply: My exhaust quest is over!