Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can we get some Sub Forums in the here or whatever they are called

Old 03-28-2006, 01:42 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default Can we get some Sub Forums in the here or whatever they are called

I know this has been address but can we get some sub forums inside of this 4.0 forum. I was looking for a link and now its on the second page. Then there are other things on page like 3 and 4 i want to see.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:01 PM
06Blue4.0

Default RE: Can we get some Sub Forums in the here or whatever they are called

I agree a few sections would be nice! Such as...
Engine and Parts
Drivetrain
Brakes/suspension/chasis
Nitrous
Wheels and Tires
Audio
Visual
Forced Induction
Mabey a Technical Tuning and just general dissussion?
My 2 Cents
Nick
Old 03-28-2006, 01:30 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

cant tell by the pic is that a melon nut or a standard shep. with my afiliation with the lbpd i work out my femal the the k9 guys and i love the speed of the malinois!

and yes additional sub would be cool
Old 03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

thats the famous melon nut(malinois) I love him to death but he is a spastic little ****. Awesome explosive detector dog but even better patrol dog. What PD are you affiliated with?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

What PD are you affiliated with?

long beach cal . im on the Honorary exec board for the POA (Police officers association. ) civilian branch of the union in charge of the widows and orphans fund for fallen or injured officers. when im not working on movies im also a general contractor i have remodeled a few houses for injured officers ramps and such it feels good to give to the guys and gals protecting my family. We also help out with other events. my hats off to ya stay safe and thanks for what your doin!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

wow afixer, that's really cool.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:03 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

wow afixer, that's really cool.
thanks but its no big deal. just feals like the thing to do.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:25 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: whatdaproblemis0

I know this has been address but can we get some sub forums inside of this 4.0 forum. I was looking for a link and now its on the second page. Then there are other things on page like 3 and 4 i want to see.
whatdaproblemis0

This post REALLY burns my ***. [:@]

Y'know, we just talked about this in a PM yesterday (to which you never bothered to respond, by the way.)

I already explained to you that there are other sections for off topic, racing, exhaust, street and strip, etc, etc, etc.

I also told you that I would raise your concerns with the rest of admin which I did.

Through discussions with them, I have just learned that we simply do not have the bandwidth to add more subsections to all of the different sections. If you get it then 5.0 would want it, 4.6, Classics, 6 cylinder, EVERYONE. We can't do it at this time. Period.

I don't see what is so hard for you to understand. You already have your own V6 section, even though everyone else with a sixxer or 4 banger has to use the OTHER V6 section

You do realize that this is a TECH section anyway, don't you?....Go to off topic to post something that is "off topic", go to street and strip to post your kills, go to pipes boost and juice to ask about superchargers, nitrous, exhaust, etc like everyone else has to do.

We have been VERY obliging and allowed you guys to use this section as you please and post whatever you like. Nobody moves your threads and nobody gives you any grief because that's the way the vocal majority wanted it.

I will tell you whatdaproblemis.....You didn't even bother to respond to my PM and now you are posting this in here with the intention of causing problems.....which probably also bumped a real thread that someone else was looking for.

Now that I got that off my chest, let me ask the rest of you a question.

Since I already stated that we don't have the bandwidth to create all the subsections......how do you suggest things should be handled?

1) Do you want things left the way they are now so you can post whatever you like and use this section as you please?

2) Do you want us to start enforcing the rules like we do with EVERY OTHER SECTION and keep this area entirely reserved for tech? All other threads will be moved to the appropriate area or deleted so that poor "whatdaproblemis0" doesn't have to click "next page" to find his latest post.

It's your call.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

lol, frankly, i like it the way it is... us 05/06 v6ers have like a nice little thing going on here where we're like left alone and if we decided 2 venture outward we do... and

i say lets keep it the way it is, im 2 lazy 2 go into new sections everytime i have a question and wanna see if it was responded.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Now... Mike Hawk pretty much said his piece...

I will add there is someting we can do...

IF... andI repeat the "IF" part... you guys start a thread that is really GOOD, and want to keep it... I can make it a sticky so it stays on top.

an example would be if someone installed a blower in their V6...AND wrote up an installation procedure, complete with detail photos, and every one liked it a lot and thought it would be good to keep for others to see in the future... then I can make it a sticky in here.

Creating sub-threads ends up creating a lot of mantainence in the end and really not worth the effort.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can we get some Sub Forums in the here or whatever they are called