Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 03:48 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

Default Exhaust

I am looking to swap out my exhaust and I need a few clarifications. What is the diffrence if any between true duals, x pipe, H pipe,... Is there a performance and sound diffrence. A good explanation would be greatly appreciated. Also is there any other sort of pipe I should know about. Also once you have your piping set up does it matter what kind of mufflers you put on it. Ex. if I start off with GT take offs and want to switch to something else down the line will I have to switch the pipes too.

Thanks for all your guys help. It is appreciated
Old 03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust

Check out the 2005-2006 Section of the Forums. Professor Wizard already has all your answers.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:08 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

The X Pipe or H pipe are used with the true duals. If you're gonna go duel but not TRUE duels then you could just use a Y pipe... but the true duals need either the X pipe or H pipe. That's all I know, LOL sorry. I have a Magnaflow on mine... single... I love it!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

Thanks for your help. The proffesor post helped a lot
Old 03-30-2006, 08:35 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

Still one more question though. Once I have the piping installed would I ever have to change it if I wanted to changet the mufflers?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:43 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

nope, just mount any set of gt mufflers and you will be able to swap out for any other set later on
Old 03-31-2006, 12:45 AM
lilc1511
2nd Gear Member

lol, if u just want to change out your mufflers you dont have to worry about changing ALL of your exhaust plumbing, just bring the muffler and your car to the shop and tell them to cut off the old one and put the new one on... it also makes things easier if the diameter of the inlet of the muffler is the same size as the piping you have on your car, but not a necessity

chris
Old 03-31-2006, 01:03 AM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

i got a single Magnaflow like 2 weeks ago... i LOVE it and im considering duals for the near future... is there a good place to get a GT take off bumper? any websites or anything?? I'm not sure if i want my bumped modded yet to make room for the duals.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:23 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MaddieMustang

i got a single Magnaflow like 2 weeks ago... i LOVE it and im considering duals for the near future... is there a good place to get a GT take off bumper? any websites or anything?? I'm not sure if i want my bumped modded yet to make room for the duals.
Ebay is a good source. There's a guy that goes by the name of Casco or Cascotech that has all sorts of GT take-off parts for sale at very reasonable prices.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:25 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

ORIGINAL: MaddieMustang

Ebay is a good source. There's a guy that goes by the name of Casco or Cascotech that has all sorts of GT take-off parts for sale at very reasonable prices.
what kind of prices do they have for the rear bumpers?

Quick Reply: Exhaust