Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What to get TAX return

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Default What to get TAX return

Gettn about $340 from uncle sam. so I'm gonna have $540 to spend. What should i get? I was thinkn MRT singe axle-back? save up for some bullit rims? SCT II & CL? just want to hear your guys opinions
Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What to get TAX return

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Gettn about $340 from uncle sam. so I'm gonna have $540 to spend. What should i get? I was thinkn MRT singe axle-back? save up for some bullit rims? SCT II & CL? just want to hear your guys opinions
I would save up a little more and got for the C&L/X-Cal2 combo.... use that as a building block for everything else...
Old 04-02-2006, 10:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

I would save up a little more and got for the C&L/X-Cal2 combo.... use that as a building block for everything else...
Absolutely!!!! This is the best way to go.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

quote: screaming

As you now i drive a stick shift so i would the C&L/X-Cal2 be worth the $500+ price tag? I just don't want to get it and not be able to tell the difference. Also, I don't have the kind of money to go and rent the dyno, is the tune that comes with it good? I know you've through around lidio's tunes around, keep in mind i live in VA so does he have to see my car or does he just have general tune program that he ships w/t X-cal2? sry for all da questions but i just havn't found the answers on any of the threads.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

As you now i drive a stick shift so i would the C&L/X-Cal2 be worth the $500+ price tag? I just don't want to get it and not be able to tell the difference. Also, I don't have the kind of money to go and rent the dyno, is the tune that comes with it good? I know you've through around lidio's tunes around, keep in mind i live in VA so does he have to see my car or does he just have general tune program that he ships w/t X-cal2? sry for all da questions but i just havn't found the answers on any of the threads.
No, he and others (bamachips, brenspeed, etc) developed the tune with test mules. You will be fine. It's a night and day difference. The CAI/tuner is a must purchase if you want to wake her up!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

If you go with a good tuner(Alternative Auto, BamaChips, Brenspeed), they can give you a great tune without a dyno. The biggest thing you have to tune for is a CAI. No need for a dyno until you get a lot more mods.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

If you go with a good tuner(Alternative Auto, BamaChips, Brenspeed), they can give you a great tune without a dyno. The biggest thing you have to tune for is a CAI. No need for a dyno until you get a lot more mods.
Ok, say i narrowed my choice to saving up a lil more for X-calII & tune or single axle-back MRT, would or should i need a tune for the new muffler i put on it? would a tune that encorporates the MRt muffler make a difference? or could i use the X-call II to change the setting myself? sry again i have a lot of questions. I just want to be thorough.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:19 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Ok, say i narrowed my choice to saving up a lil more for X-calII & tune or single axle-back MRT, would or should i need a tune for the new muffler i put on it? would a tune that encorporates the MRt muffler make a difference? or could i use the X-call II to change the setting myself? sry again i have a lot of questions. I just want to be thorough.
You will be fine with a new muffler, you will not need to retune for it.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

A muffler does not require a tune. BamaChips will make small adjustments to your tune for free. At least he did for me. I don't know about the other two. But really, a tune isn't really needed for a muffler so I wouldn't even worry about it. And remember, the MRT muffler is LOUD from what I've heard. If you like it loud, you'll love it. Another option for you is GT take-off mufflers. You can get a pair for around $80 and upgrade to duals later. Just something to think about.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

If you like it loud, you'll love it. Another option for you is GT take-off mufflers. You can get a pair for around $80 and upgrade to duals later. Just something to think about.

I'm a teenager, i love loud ish. Still tryn to find a sub box to fit my 2 12" in my trunk. I've already been sold on the horsepower the MRT gives. Ok, congrats. you guys have sold me on the X-cal II& tune, after reading the post I JUST TALKED TO BAMACHIPS i've really been sold. I didn't realize the amount of torque and horsepower increase was.

i got 2 more questions:

can you guys give me a link to whoever does the best cold air intake and X-cal 2 tunes?

and this is the faster car i've owned so, would the jump of 20rwtq and like 15-20rwhp be noticable? and if so how much? night and day maybe? lol

Quick Reply: What to get TAX return