Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

whp adders

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 07:18 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: whp adders

ORIGINAL: 0to60

What about the Auburn LSD? How does that compare to the t-lok and the TT? Is hamidlmt the only one here who's got the Auburn?

Tim
I think I'm the only one in these boards with the Auburn. I really just got it because my shop got such a great deal on it. I really haven't even begun to abuse it. A few hard launches... it's really very solid. I'll get to the track sometime this spring and see how it holds up.... though, I'm not running any sort of crazy power. From all my research (and advice from my esteemed colleagues on the various Mustang forums), the Auburn is supposed to fall between the t-lok and TrueTrac in terms of strength.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:36 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: flapjack

I don't buy that for a second, sorry scrming. I've personally looked inside of both, and the TrueTrac is definitely better made.

I've never heard of a TrueTrac failing. I have, however, heard of several Trak-loks failing....

The problem with the TT as described by the shop is that those gear are packed in there so tight that chips have no where to go... while in other diffs there is a lot of empty space for chips to float through... Like I said all these guys do is clutches and rear ends.... and if they say they've SEEN failed TT's then I believe them... They said that when it's time to upgrade I should go to a Detroit Locker...
I think they were trying to make you feel better about your T-Lok. EVERYONE I've ever talked to including old racers and mechanics say that the TT is much stronger than the T-Lok.
Why would they LIE to me... they could have sold me the TT when they sold me the Trac-Lock... they carry both and I'm guessing they would have made a few dollars more on the TT since it's more expensive...

Maybe everyone is telling you the TT is stronger so you'll feel better about spending more money than you needed to????

And yes, the Detroit Locker would be the way to go if you want extra strong! LOL!
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Why would they LIE to me... they could have sold me the TT when they sold me the Trac-Lock... they carry both and I'm guessing they would have made a few dollars more on the TT since it's more expensive...

Maybe everyone is telling you the TT is stronger so you'll feel better about spending more money than you needed to????

And yes, the Detroit Locker would be the way to go if you want extra strong! LOL!
I'm not saying you shouldn't have gotten the T-Lok. But if you try to say that the T-Lok is stronger than the TT you start sounding like MSP. People were saying the TT was stronger way before I ever bought one. Your shop is the only one I've ever heard that said different. But believe what you want.

I don't think most people would enjoy a Detroit Locker on the street.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:27 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I'm not saying you shouldn't have gotten the T-Lok. But if you try to say that the T-Lok is stronger than the TT you start sounding like MSP. People were saying the TT was stronger way before I ever bought one. Your shop is the only one I've ever heard that said different. But believe what you want.

I don't think most people would enjoy a Detroit Locker on the street.
Well, if I ever said the Trac-Lock was stronger than the TrueTrack, I'm sorry... I really don't ever remember actually saying that... I was simply pointing out that the TrueTrack has "issues" of it's own... I mean I look at it and say "Dang, that looks really strong". The shop just pointed out a possible weakness... I'm not saying one is better or stronger...

What I am saying is my Trac-Lock is holding up a lot better than anyone expected!! LOL! I did some data logging the other day... turns out I'm spraying just over 2000 RPM when I'm at the track... Lidio sprays about 2600 on the dyno... looking at the graph I'm guessing I'm closer to 460 or 470 when I spray at the track!!! LOL!

Hopefully everyone's rear end holds up!!! LOL!

And yes, I don't know if I could put a Detroit Locker in my car... LOL
Old 04-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Well, if I ever said the Trac-Lock was stronger than the TrueTrack, I'm sorry... I really don't ever remember actually saying that... I was simply pointing out that the TrueTrack has "issues" of it's own... I mean I look at it and say "Dang, that looks really strong". The shop just pointed out a possible weakness... I'm not saying one is better or stronger...

What I am saying is my Trac-Lock is holding up a lot better than anyone expected!! LOL! I did some data logging the other day... turns out I'm spraying just over 2000 RPM when I'm at the track... Lidio sprays about 2600 on the dyno... looking at the graph I'm guessing I'm closer to 460 or 470 when I spray at the track!!! LOL!

Me too!

When are you hitting the track again? Tonight? I'm planning on going again on this Wednesday.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:56 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Me too!

When are you hitting the track again? Tonight? I'm planning on going again on this Wednesday.
Wednesday huh, going after the title are we. Gonna try to break 13.3, go for it man! I'm going tomorrow, and possibly wednesday night since next weekend may be out for me.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:08 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Me too!

I probably won't be going again for a couple of weeks... maybe next weekend...
Old 04-09-2006, 01:56 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

I think they were trying to make you feel better about your T-Lok. EVERYONE I've ever talked to including old racers and mechanics say that the TT is much stronger than the T-Lok.
I agree. I've had that same experience from everything from car stuff (before I started installing everything myself) to home electronics and such.

It could be as simple as them not getting as big a discount on the TT than the T-lok.

I dunno, I know you know and trust them, but it just doesn't jive with everything else I've heard about the TT. I know plenty of old heads that will use nothing else. Also... a Detroit Locker doesn't give you LSD, if I remember correctly.