Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magnaflow Catback Kit

Old 04-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Magnaflow Catback Kit

ORIGINAL: Stewart

Thanks for the responses. One other question for headers are there durability issues with the cheaper JBA headers, as opposed to the ceramic coated ones. Thanks.
They just won't stay pretty as long as the ceramic coated headers. Also, the ceramic coating disapates heat better and keeps the heat out of the engine compartment. You might also want to consider the MAC shorties, they are equal-length and the primaries are 1 5/8" as opposed to the 1.5" of the JBAs. They are cheaper also.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:15 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

So the mac shorties are better and cheaper than the JBA shorties?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:46 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Cheaper for sure. Better, well IMO they are. Keep in mind that the larger the primaries, the louder the headers will be. The 1 5/8" primaries will really shine with a power adder.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:49 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

Cheaper for sure. Better, well IMO they are. Keep in mind that the larger the primaries, the louder the headers will be. The 1 5/8" primaries will really shine with a power adder.
just installed the mac shorties on my ride, if you get them, pay someone for the install, turned out more of a challenge than I expected, will be worth any price you have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:51 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Hmmmm, mod bug has kicked in again. MAC LT's with Nitrous, 125HP shot. LOL. Very interesting. Damnit! I want that turbo, must stop modding!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Hmmmm, mod bug has kicked in again. MAC LT's with Nitrous, 125HP shot. LOL. Very interesting. Damnit! I want that turbo, must stop modding!
damn rygen, the turbo bug has bitten you to? Thats all i can hear, Must get Turbo, Must get Turbo!!!!! Make it STOP!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:28 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

damn rygen, the turbo bug has bitten you to? Thats all i can hear, Must get Turbo, Must get Turbo!!!!! Make it STOP!!!!!!!
I tried to buy it a couple of times now, web site wont let me check out. Don't get me wrong, I love my Zex, and my insane TQ. Scrming talks reason into me on a routine basis. I don't trust myself with all that power every day. But man, 12's are definitely doable with that turbo.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:50 AM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

LOL --- I got the "more boost" bug myself now [sm=gears.gif] Resistance is Futile!

Now I'm contemplating changing my S/C pulley out in the next month or so, after I get it to the track that is... to see and feel the difference. I don;t believe a throttle body , nor a UD pulley is going to really make much if any difference.... so go to the blower. Dan actually talked me out of the smaller pulley for now and to just have fun with the current setup and then we'll step it up... I'm sure my wife doesn't mind it either - LOL

Also looking to see what I can do to really firm up the engine a bit more - and kicking around the idea of Snow - Flapjack - you ever look into that w/ your procharge?

Damn - I wish I had sponsorship - LOL
Old 04-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Did it make any difference in the sound?
ORIGINAL: bscottie

just installed the mac shorties on my ride, if you get them, pay someone for the install, turned out more of a challenge than I expected, will be worth any price you have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Stewart
2nd Gear Member

Strictly speaking for power gains, if I were to get a single MRT axle back and MAC shorty headers would I see any signifigant gains by going dual MRT's with an x pipe?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnaflow Catback Kit