Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

go fast(er) parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:11 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: go fast(er) parts

i dont know if the clip on the mangnaflow site is what the v6 exhaust really sounds like, but if it is i would never buy that. Sounds like my friends prelude
Old 04-10-2006, 08:22 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

about 5 months ago there were A LOT of posts of people who were losing hp with duals

i also know that there were some peole who even went from duals back to a single
I remember that, but no dynos were posted.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:29 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I had the dual on Y pipe via the Magnaflow kit, then put in a Magnaflow TruX on and put it on the dyno. Gain was 2HP, not worth it in my opinion. However, with a major power adder, I think the gain is significant, on the 100 shot, I was getting 22HP more than Scrming, and the real difference between our cars was the duals.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:54 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

2 pipes<1 pipe??? WTF? How can more piping=less flow???
Old 04-11-2006, 02:32 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

yeah... i too am confused i would think duals would=more hp
Old 04-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

No no no Grasshoppa... You have much to learn. Yes the engine like to breath but keeping the proper back pressure very important. Since stock our single exhaust is refined as it is you won't see that much of a gain. Its really just a balancing act b/w how much air flows and the proper back pressure i believe. Now, i'm not sure that all this is true so don't bite my head off if any of its wrong. Somebody else just fill in the gaps b/c all the things i know about cars i got from Speed tv... SPEED TV RULES!!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Helium

You've got it right. A N/A engine is more sensitive to exhaust size than a force-fed engine, because the scavenging effect of a properly-sized exhaust system helps suck the spent gases out of the cylinders. Go too large and you lose the scavenging effect, costing a few ponies. With a turbo, you pretty much want the least back-pressure possible, but not so with your N/A V6.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

yay, I know what i'm talkn about
Old 04-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Thats All I watch, Today is my favorite schedule, PINKS, Unique Whips! LOL
ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

No no no Grasshoppa... You have much to learn. Yes the engine like to breath but keeping the proper back pressure very important. Since stock our single exhaust is refined as it is you won't see that much of a gain. Its really just a balancing act b/w how much air flows and the proper back pressure i believe. Now, i'm not sure that all this is true so don't bite my head off if any of its wrong. Somebody else just fill in the gaps b/c all the things i know about cars i got from Speed tv... SPEED TV RULES!!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:41 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

who makes a full single tip exhaust though? i trust magnaflow so if they got a single setup then i would def roll with them.
I don't understand why you keep asking this question. Why would they make a cat-back single exhaust system? Kind of pointless, what are you going to do, replace the stock pipes with new ones of the same plumbing?

If you are staying single, all they will sell you is a single muffler. If you go duals, thats when an H or X pipe comes into play, thus the cat back systems.

Quick Reply: go fast(er) parts