MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   go fast(er) parts (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/114316-go-fast-er-parts.html)

06mustang 04-09-2006 04:07 PM

go fast(er) parts

hey guys and gals, i plan getting myself lots of go fast parts by the end of the week but im sort of stuck as to what to get. i want the most bang for the buck but stuff that i kno i will not have to ditch after a few months. as many mite know, i plan on running all motor so the first on my list is an intake. there are so many intakes out there that to even begin to name off a few would take me forever. however i know which intake i want to get. westernmotorsports.com has the intake i want. it mounts directly in the front of the engine bay and is the perfect setup for receiving air. no kinks or bends. granted hot air in the bay will suck but once you get moving, that no longer a problem. anyway, thats the intake i want. then i wanna get the diablosport tuner. its backlit and it seems you can load a bunch of tunes depending on what you got and so forth. next i wanna get either a 3.75 or a 4.10 ring and pinion. my only thing is, will the 4.10 really be that useful on a daily driver or would it be best suited for duty at the track. if thats the case then i will go with the 3.75. it def. picks up faster then the stock but i wont have to worry about it as much as the 4.10. if im worrying for nothing then let me know and i will get that. so, for NOW thats what i plan on getting first. headers, and a true dual exhaust are next on the bolt on list. then i will go full bore and get myself all hooked up with cams and a port and polished head. should make for one helluva 6. i guess my only real questions are these.

- why get a 3.75 or a 4.10 r&p? for racing i would guess 4.10 but more for daily driver a 3.75. yay or nay?
- once i get the tuner, what else should i do to make sure i get the most possible power out of her and the parts i ordered?
- why are so many peeps against the underdrive pulley? do they really not work?
- lastly, once i get new cams and a port and polished head, would i need to tune for that also, or would it take care of itself?

thanks

fazm 04-09-2006 04:54 PM

RE: go fast(er) parts

3.73 gears, not 3.75
do you have an auto or a manual?

sct2 tuner is better if you have an auto, if you have a manual, its about the sae.

intake, tuner, and an axleback are the way to go.

If you do P&P/cams, you will 100% ABSOLUTELY need a tune

chrisc 04-09-2006 05:12 PM

people are agains the underdrive pulley because there were no reported gains from it, also, if you are going for power, you might want to stay with a single axle back

06mustang 04-09-2006 06:36 PM

i was originally wanting to stick with the single exhaust but i cannot seem to find an aftermarket setup that has all the piping but also has teh single exit. i know for cost the axle back would be awesome but why not do the whole thing if you are gonna replace the exhaust anyway? if anyone knows of a full exhaust single then im all for it. by the way, why is the single better? or at the least, why do peeps like that set up more?

chrisc 04-09-2006 06:40 PM

the singles are getting more power, i think that most of the duals are only getting somewhere around 3hp (or even slowing down the cars) while the good singles are getting 15+

06mustang 04-09-2006 07:05 PM

well if this is true then where can i get a full blown exhaust single tip. i have found so many axle backs but i wood liek the whole deal.

oh also, i couldnt help myself, i ordered the intake and the box for teh intake. i cannot wait for her to get here.

fazm 04-09-2006 07:19 PM

Id like to see a dyno of a car thats getting more with single than with dual. I got my car tuned with morre mods than rick, at the same place, and he put down .5 more hp than me and like 1 or 2 more lb/ft torque because he has duals. The car likes to breath more at higher rpm, and since i have headers on my car, i think the opened exhaust needs duals to exit. But i think ill just grab the turbo to cure it.

chrisc 04-09-2006 07:23 PM

about 5 months ago there were A LOT of posts of people who were losing hp with duals

i also know that there were some peole who even went from duals back to a single

fazm 04-09-2006 08:45 PM

I've only heard of people losing hp on they butt dyno, never a real dyno. Im sure the fact im running a K&N intake is causing me to lose maybe 2rwhp, but i also have headers, and the PHP pulley.

Im sure if you went to a 3" dual you can lose hp, but on a 2.5" dual, i dont see it as a possibility to lose hp.

I know magnaflows dual and single system both added the same rwhp (9).

06mustang 04-09-2006 10:38 PM

who makes a full single tip exhaust though? i trust magnaflow so if they got a single setup then i would def roll with them.