Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AFE Intake Owners...Report your experiences here

Old 04-10-2006, 12:04 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: AFE Intake Owners...Report your experiences here

Who cares about sound, put both of them on the dyno. That is how you settle it.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:11 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

K&N is guaranteed 7.07 RWHP. Its such a low number, I have to believe it.

Typhoon Series Dyno

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/F41AF16DE4F94DCE9E30FF989F608520.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2006, 12:25 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pat6674u

K&N is guaranteed 7.07 RWHP. Its such a low number, I have to believe it.

Typhoon Series Dyno

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/F41AF16DE4F94DCE9E30FF989F608520.jpg[/IMG]
K&N has always stood behind thier numbers, they are one of the few vendors you can trust on dynos. And Afixer has always provided rock solid information and I trust his dynos.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:42 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pat6674u

Honestly, it sounded better. Throttle response was better with the K&N FIPK. I felt there was little difference between the AFE and my drop-in filter. Afixer, I caught part of your post, but the first part is indeciferable. Could you tell me what you were thinking.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/3A40CCE900774CFA9B8A1C86950DAB7B.jpg[/IMG]
pretty much all i say is undeciferable thats why i post so many pdf's LOL. basicly you said you were going to get crucified for bagging on the afe. and i was saying that the reason i came down on thril was he sadi the afe only gave 3 to 5 hp. you on the otherhand said you didnt think it did but were not sure. yours was and opinion were trhils was stated as a fact. these forums are a worth of info. and many people really take what some say as gosple. i myself always try to be fair and give info i know to be fact as best i know. when it comes to the afe i happed to be the test car. i saw the product last year and called afe and asked why they were only making one for the v8. they said they needed a v6. enter me a v6 so i drove out there meet all the people and walked the plant actually saw them making the filters and everthing. they took the gt unit installed it on my car and then used the adapter only and used my tube. did some dynos and changed a few things and when they were happy off i went for 2 weeks till i drove 500 miles. well the cell went off at 426 so i went back. they cahanged a few things and off i was again. i spent about 10 hours there between both days. 600 miles went buy and they finished up redynoed afew more times and that was it. i already mentioned the air movement before. on thing to not. my unit has the cover like th gt unit my filter is also yellow rather than blue. i asked if i could have it that way (wonder why) . so my unit my be alittle quieter. now understand most all of the other filters are a smaller conical filter the afe is much larger. put both filters on the machine and the smaller filter makes more noise less surface area = more resistance and more noise. when i was younger along long time ago we use to turn are air cleaner cover over to flow better air and when you hit it you would hear it. so anyway anyone near me or corona. i will call afe and see if we can do a dyno day or something and anyone that has any other kits lets go PLEASE! i am sure i could talk them into it. i answere most all my emails and though i and not alllll over the place like todd hehe. i wonder in here all the time.
dam i ramble did i get my point across i hope so.

1. forums help people
2. bad info does not
3. back up you data
4. smile and like everyone ( sorry had to say that)
5. note to self - learn to spell better
6. i am realy a nice guy - realy!
7. i dont get paid by afe - they were very helpful knowageable and showed me why the have a good product and i belive them. but then again i use to belive in the easter bunny

Old 04-10-2006, 01:02 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

You obviously like the AFE and have a pretty unique history with it and the company. That's actually pretty awesome that you tested and dynoed one of the first ones for our cars. I didn't like the AFE myself and I have no data to back it up. The kit fit & installed well but I honestly did not notice much performance improvement. I did immediately feel the improvement with my K&N. I think 12 hp should be noticeable, yes? If not we can agree to disagree. I'm just glad this forum is here. I've learned quite a bit just in the last month. Thanks,

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/E8251F5B593944AFB67BEBEE56D36E31.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2006, 01:04 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

and thats what the forms are for. thanks for the debate. i hope people got good info from this.
Thanks for the imput
Old 04-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

I remember reading a post on the k and N or the AEM, someone got it dynoed and horpower stayed the same , no hp and no tq gains . I am going to try to find the post but i think it was on the Mustang Source , which is being updated right now. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:35 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

afe or aem 2 dif units
Old 04-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

I put the AFE on about 9000 miles ago. Easy install and have never had a CEL. At the time, I didn't want to mess with a tuner, but now I do, and I wish Doug/Brent/Lidio or someone had a "custom" tune for this intake. I felt an increase when installed, and it seems to complement the GT duals I put on very well.

Overall I have been happy with the unit, but I may swap for C&L or Tuneable Induction soon with an XCAL2.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:54 AM
muze one

Going thru changes with AFE at the moment. Installed the stage 1 and received the check engine light (not supposed to)..Diagnostic codes said the motor was running lean. Disconnected the battery and the comp reset itself. Had the ck engine light come on 4 more times. Finally took it off and went back to stock - tired of the BS from the intake. no problem since.
Fighting with AFE for a refund because it was not as advertised.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AFE Intake Owners...Report your experiences here