MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   V6 Stock wheel spinners: Pony or Ford? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/115692-v6-stock-wheel-spinners-pony-or-ford.html)

JStang78 04-12-2006 08:16 PM

V6 Stock wheel spinners: Pony or Ford?

Just something that I was wondering about since I noticed another '05 V6 in the lot the other day with the running pony spinners, rather than the blue oval spinners that I have on my wheels. I was wondering if the type of spinner may be specific to the wheel type, since I know there's an option wheel with a spinner for the GT. Nothing important...just something that caught my interest...

blackfoot 04-12-2006 08:19 PM

RE: V6 Stock wheel spinners: Pony or Ford?

my has the oval, but i would prefer the pony.. its aftermarket.. he bought them like that probobly from v6 mustang stuff

jericho73 04-12-2006 08:28 PM

Yeah like blackfoot said the OEM spinners have the tri-bar pony the aftermarket ones have the blue ford.

blackfoot 04-12-2006 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: jericho73

Yeah like blackfoot said the OEM spinners have the tri-bar pony the aftermarket ones have the blue ford.
lol you got that backwards

white05stang 04-12-2006 09:38 PM

yup , my factory spinners are the blue oval type also[sm=smiley20.gif]

jericho73 04-12-2006 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

ORIGINAL: jericho73

lol you got that backwards
D'OH!

WindVeil05DropTop 04-12-2006 10:11 PM

Man I wish I got pony spinners rather than Fords. I am actually going to waste $100 getting the pony ones because they will match better. But at least I can sell the ford spinners with my old rims.

hamidlmt 04-12-2006 10:40 PM

I got the pony spinners from the factory. When parked, someone actually replaced them with the Ford oval spinners. Man.. I was vexed!

So... went out and got some American Racing wheels!

Puleo76 04-13-2006 12:34 AM

ooo man, i woulda been mad, lol

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I got the pony spinners from the factory. When parked, someone actually replaced them with the Ford oval spinners. Man.. I was vexed!

JStang78 04-13-2006 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Thanks!

I was kind of worried about the spinners being stolen myself, in which case I'd probably do what you did. After seeing the pony spinners, I'd probably prefer those...maybe I never should have told the dealer that the spinners were in the center console (when I went to look at the car, the spinners were not on the wheels)... ;) When I told him that, he said, "Oh, great! We can cancel the ones we ordered!"