Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford Dealers not knowing the Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 08:45 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Dealers not knowing the Mustangs

ORIGINAL: LisaJ429

Mine is going into the shop for the first time next Saturday for brakes still squeaking and the tint on the window has scratches in it. They want to check it to see if there is something with the mechanism for the window that is scratching it. I have 3k miles on it and they said that they shouldn't be squeaking.

*fingers crossed*
I konw what the scratching on the tint is from; the hard rubber strip on the inside of the door rubs on the window when you roll it up and down. The place I had do my tint kenw about this problem before hand and installed felt lining over the hard rubber to prevent this. I'll get the name of the shop and post it; they sell the kit to perform this fix via the internet.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Contact www.aterrifictint.com and use the "contact us" button and get in touch with them. Our car is not the only one that needs this, the guy at the shop told me of several others, one of which was a Mercedes if I remember correctly. Not that it's any consolation.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:41 AM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

McBudd.....Good luck with that one...they will ALL do it (I know a lot of folks will say Mine Doesn't Do It, I respectfully submit to you folks that your driving style is preventing you from experiencing the malfunction), if driven on the interstate for an extended length of time the V6 and the GT. The problem here is that not everyone drives on the interstate for an extended length of time. Also if you vary the speed of your car drastically while on the interstate or punch the throttle, it more than likely will not "pause" at all. Ford has gotten reports of this malfunction, the problem is, it is not widely reported, so it has NOT gotten the attention it needs to be fixed. A tune won't fix it. I have "read" that a throttle body change does fix it, good luck getting a dealer to throw a new throttle body on it, just because you read it might fix it on the internet. Mine does it, and my local Ford dealer is in the dark. They won't even spend the time driving in the car on the interstate to try and duplicate the problem( it normally takes at least twenty minutes of steady state driving on the interstate before my car will "pause" basically falls on it's face) upon coming to a full stop at the first exit I choose and then trying to accelerate normally from the stop. Bottom line here is, Ford hasn't addressed this problem. The short term fix for you is to vary your speed while on the interstate, a full throttle blast will do wonders for you and the car.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:51 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

I posted here that I saw the service deptnt. at the dealer I got it about that engine revving problem I had ( which seems to be normal on those cars) and about the clunkier than normal gears (which also seem to be normal on those v6 -backlash-) and the guys there didin't seem to know much about how the new Stangs work. Anyways Im 50 miles short of 3000 miles and Im thinking about changin the oil myself not letting them do it. God knows what are they gonna put in there.......any one has some dealer service commenst?????
IMO it depends on what you are having done, most dealers require techs to be trained in whatever task they perform, not all techs in shop are trained equally so it is possible that you could have a conversation with someone who only works on tires & alignment, and he might sound like an idiot, talk to the service mgr and try to get to know who will be working on car for specific things then talk to that person, generally will be very helpful, most of the "technical" guys are car hounds and like most of us, always willing to talk about cars, there are always exceptions, if you get a lot of sales pitches, run like hell to next dealer, unless requested, most dealers will use motorcraft for ford, mopar for dodge etc, just as the owners manual says.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:37 AM
cmallett1
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I went back to my dealership to pick up my license plate today, and had to ask about 10 different people about custom tunes because I kept getting passed around from one person to another. I figured I would just ask them straight up if getting an Xcal2 tune would mess with my warranty, but nobody had an answer for me... or knew what an Xcal2 tune was for that matter... really nice guys, unlike any other dealership I have ever dealt with before... I think they just honestly didn't know, as if they have never been asked this question before.
I could be wrong, but this leads me to believe that with these guys, if I just flashed back to the factory settings if I ever need to take it in, I should have no problem at all. But it does make me not want to trust them with anything out of the ordinary with my car.
I hope I didn't "red flag" myself with them by asking that... lol!
Old 04-15-2006, 06:13 AM
03GT96
1st Gear Member

the dealership in my town, thier all idots......(dont mean to scare anyone)..... I took my 02 explorer in for a recall on the back glass latches and i was suppose to got it back that afternoon....before it was over with, they had busted my back glass and had to order a new one. A week and a half later they told us to come pick it up and when we got there, ( there is a fiberglass piece that is made in with the glass about 8 to 10 inches wide that goes all the way across the back, thats primer gray and has to be painted) my wife walked around the back, and what do you know, its has NOT been painted. So there went another couple of days. But i guess i'm lucky enough that my mechanic works for the Ford dealership but in a different town and thats where i take my Mustangs too. I dont mind the hour and a half drive...
Old 04-15-2006, 07:52 AM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Contact www.aterrifictint.com and use the "contact us" button and get in touch with them. Our car is not the only one that needs this, the guy at the shop told me of several others, one of which was a Mercedes if I remember correctly. Not that it's any consolation.
Thanks..I will give them a call about the kit.