Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How do you wash your pony?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:38 PM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Default How do you wash your pony?

So, I just got though washing my car.... It took me a grand total of two hours to do the only. I thought this would be a good time for everyone to list the step they take and maybe add in some tips they have for washing their cars. I'll start you off

1. Wash the car with a sponge. Divide it into 4 sections, wash top to bottom, and dry with a squeegy.
2. Clean tires with sponge and soap (making sure to clean that nice pretty metal ring on the wheel).
3. Tire black (Armoral)
4. Apply Mothers brand car show shine with a micro fiber towel. Dry with a clean white T-shirt.
5. Use a clean t-shirt to apply windex to windows.

For interior I use a mini-vac to vacuum it out and apply armoral to the dashboard and all plastic components.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How do you wash your pony?

I dry with a towel, but i should probably stop doing that. next pay check i'm gonna try and get the auto wash kit.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:55 PM
newfer23
1st Gear Member

I went out yesterday and bought this thing called "The Absorber". Cost $20 canadian but it's great. It's almost a rubber feeling to it. I've never had it so easy to dry my car. I also picked up some Meguiar's NXT car wax, great stuff, and a cordless buffer, another great buy. Makes taking the wax off so much easier.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

I run it through the car-wash at the local Shell. It gets a vacuum every 3,000 miles when I go get the oil changed - LOL
Old 04-14-2006, 05:01 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

my way is pretty simple...

1. drive it to a place called Ramone's
2. give them $15 and keys
3. walk to 7-11 and get Shock Tarts (or some other sour candy) along with a car magazine
4. come back in 30 minutes and drive away

you may think that i take it to a place because i am lazy...but actually it is illegal to wash your car at home in my zip code because of the salmon spawning streams....darn environmentalists
Old 04-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: newfer23

I went out yesterday and bought this thing called "The Absorber". Cost $20 canadian but it's great. It's almost a rubber feeling to it. I've never had it so easy to dry my car. I also picked up some Meguiar's NXT car wax, great stuff, and a cordless buffer, another great buy. Makes taking the wax off so much easier.
That Absorber is awsome, I have one in every car. That thing works great to dry the car!
Old 04-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

I like to do a pre-rinse, and leave the car for a few minutes. This softens up the dirt, so you don't end up massaging it into the clearcoat. I use a separate sponge for the wheels and wells, to avoid contaminating the "good" sponge.

I need help...

Ken
Old 04-14-2006, 05:32 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

Where did you buy yours?
ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

That Absorber is awsome, I have one in every car. That thing works great to dry the car!
Old 04-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LisaJ429

Where did you buy yours?
ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

They have them at any auto parts store. They also have them at Target. I'm not sure about WalMart. I bought mine at Target.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I use Mr. Clean Auto Dry. Works great.

Quick Reply: How do you wash your pony?