Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Procharger coming...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 02:10 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Procharger coming...

ORIGINAL: afixer

hes lookin around 3500 and said that it would save a little if you already have the xcal2
Wow. I thought it was going to be more like 4100. This is great news! Lemme know what you find out.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:34 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Patience grasshopper! Old Chinese saying, "good horsepower comes to those who wait!"
Old 04-15-2006, 02:42 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Patience grasshopper! Old Chinese saying, "good horsepower comes to those who wait!"

affixer, has Dave mentioned any numbers, hp wise? what about tuning with the Diablo?
Old 04-15-2006, 02:44 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

not sure about diablo hes using the xcal as far as i know hes shooting for 90+ he should know better next week
Old 04-15-2006, 12:22 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Jimp
The only thing that bothers me about the X-Charger is the sound. Do you know if the new M90 sounds the same?

I posted some info on the X-Charger awhile ago on another forum, here it is from memory the Eaton supercharger M90 was modified by Magnuson Products and is now called the MP-90 that X Charger is using. The inlet config was changed , it uses larger blades and they run at a lower RPM than the Eaton M-90 less heat. There for the whine should sound different than that Ranger video one would think, also I can't remember what they are but I believe ther were some other changes. One of the reasons no intercooler is at 6psi its almost useless no need 6psi and under for an intercooler won't do much if anything.

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp90.htm

On the Procharger Jimp I would go for the 3 core at 9psi also might want to talk to Flap on the car going into fail safe mode (TQ table in the computer) time to time see if he nailed the problem or if it is just his setup might want to check with Belial also . I believe there is also a need for a new part ($150.00) that will regulate the Voltage higher for the MAF sensor or something like that can't recall what it was for sure but check with him.

For guys with an 06 Mustang the last time I talked to ProCharger 2 weeks ago there is no release of a ProCharger kit for the 06 Mustang 4.0 still testing, I believe the computer slighly different than the 05 might want to check with ProCharger to make sure.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TJ

Jimp
The only thing that bothers me about the X-Charger is the sound. Do you know if the new M90 sounds the same?

I posted some info on the X-Charger awhile ago on another forum, here it is from memory the Eaton supercharger M90 was modified by Magnuson Products and is now called the MP-90 that X Charger is using. The inlet config was changed , it uses larger blades and they run at a lower RPM than the Eaton M-90 less heat. There for the whine should sound different than that Ranger video one would think, also I can't remember what they are but I believe ther were some other changes. One of the reasons no intercooler is at 6psi its almost useless no need 6psi and under for an intercooler won't do much if anything.

On the Procharger Jimp I would go for the 3 core at 9psi also might want to talk to Flap on the car going into fail safe mode (TQ table in the computer) time to time see if he nailed the problem or if it is just his setup might want to check with Belial also . I believe there is also a need for a new part ($150.000) that will regulate the Voltage higher for the MAF sensor or something like that can't recall what it was for sure but check with him.

For guys with an 06 Mustang the last time I talked to ProCharger 2 weeks ago there is no release of a ProCharger kit for the 06 Mustang 4.0 still testing, I believe the computer slighly different than the 05 might want to check with ProCharger to make sure.
Thanks for the info. Looks like the ProCharger deal won't happen for a few weeks anyway. If the new MP90 is a lot quieter and gives you 90+ hp at only 6PSI I may go that way. I can always keep the nitrous for extra power. Or get the Snow kit for 9PSI. So many ways to go.

Boy, we really derailed this thread! My apologies to the original poster.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:46 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

good info tj . when i talked to dave he told me that they omited some line that goes to the intake on the 06 i quess it wasent needed. i will have a lot of info buy thursday. so have some Patience. im not in the postion to answer alot but buy thursday fryday my head should be ready to explode i hope!
Old 04-15-2006, 12:49 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ya know jimp that is very PC of you and i forgot all about it. my fault i had just got off the phone with dave and he was telling me all about what he was doing and how close he is. i just got too exited i guess. sorry armycook. good luck with the new toy.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ya know jimp that is very PC of you and i forgot all about it. my fault i had just got off the phone with dave and he was telling me all about what he was doing and how close he is. i just got too exited i guess. sorry armycook. good luck with the new toy.
Thanks for all of the info! I'm more confused than ever! Maybe we should start a new thread.

Hey army, have fun with the proCharger! LOL!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 AM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

i wasnt told about this maf piece!..
ORIGINAL: TJ

Jimp

I posted some info on the X-Charger awhile ago on another forum, here it is from memory the Eaton supercharger M90 was modified by Magnuson Products and is now called the MP-90 that X Charger is using. The inlet config was changed , it uses larger blades and they run at a lower RPM than the Eaton M-90 less heat. There for the whine should sound different than that Ranger video one would think, also I can't remember what they are but I believe ther were some other changes. One of the reasons no intercooler is at 6psi its almost useless no need 6psi and under for an intercooler won't do much if anything. i know my sct has picked up codes i forgot what they where tho p2160 an p2159 i think or 61............ any clue to what they are

On the Procharger Jimp I would go for the 3 core at 9psi also might want to talk to Flap on the car going into fail safe mode (TQ table in the computer) time to time see if he nailed the problem or if it is just his setup might want to check with Belial also . I believe there is also a need for a new part ($150.00) that will regulate the Voltage higher for the MAF sensor or something like that can't recall what it was for sure but check with him.

Quick Reply: Procharger coming...