Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Windows problem on my vert : NOW SOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:50 PM
gtcs1
1st Gear Member

Default Windows problem on my vert : NOW SOLVED

Hi,

The windows normally goes down slightly on my VERT when pulling on the door latch from the inside or the outside, ensuring it clears the window seal. When you close the door it is supposed to go up back in place, ensuring a wheather tight fit.

THE PROBLEM; On my driver door, it just happened that it does not go up when closing the door. The down feature works fine though.

On the passenger door, this feature works perfect (UP and DOWN).

I know I had a battery dead that I had to boost, I wonder if there is a link since the problem started right after the boost.

Anybody experienced that?
Old 04-14-2006, 10:57 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Windows problem on my vert

I have a vert too, never seen that problem. I think the coupes have the same windows too though. Your best bet is just to go to the dealer. It's definitely under warranty, so just have them take a look and fix it.

P.S. - Ever since it's been top down weather my top has been bunching up on the top corner of the backseat and won't go down all the way without me tucking it in. I think the inner liner has detached from the outer cover. I gotta get the dealer to look at this. Anyone seen it?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:06 PM
gregbe1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gtcs1

Hi,

The windows normally goes down slightly on my VERT when pulling on the door latch from the inside or the outside, ensuring it clears the window seal. When you close the door it is supposed to go up back in place, ensuring a wheather tight fit.

THE PROBLEM; On my driver door, it just happened that it does not go up when closing the door. The down feature works fine though.

I know I had a battery dead that I had to boost, I wonder if there is a link since the problem started right after the boost.

the window lost it's timeing...look in your owners manuel, it tells you how to reset it...very simple to do
Old 04-14-2006, 11:34 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Gotta love this forum. I do not think there is a question about 'stangs that could be asked without someone being able to give you the answer. (other them me, cause if you read my post you know I have no clue). Thanks for all the help all of you give.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:49 PM
gtcs1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gregbe1

ORIGINAL: gtcs1

Hi,

the window lost it's timeing...look in your owners manuel, it tells you how to reset it...very simple to do

GREAT FORUM, PROBLEM SOLVED

GREGBE 1, You know your stuff!!!!!

I read the manual, instuctions are there. It worked fine, issue resolved. I just had to do the Express up feature, hold it there for 2 seconds, and it resetted itself. Incidentally, they say this is caused by a low battery state, which was my case.

Thanks again GREG BE1, saved me a trip to the dealer.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:49 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

http://2005stang.com/images/stangdocs/manual.pdf
page 46
Old 04-14-2006, 11:50 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

gota love these forums
Old 04-14-2006, 11:56 PM
gregbe1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

gota love these forums
Hey Afixer, good to see you chime in, your always very helpfull...guys Afixer has a buch of help topics on www.2005stang.com this is a great site to visit
Old 04-15-2006, 12:10 AM
gtcs1
1st Gear Member

Exactly , this is what described the solution; p 46, 2nd item, RESTORING THE EXPRESS UP FUNCTIONNALITY. It worked just fine.

Thanks AFIXER and GREGBE1

Old 04-15-2006, 12:43 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

thanks guys i just love to see how these things work out! makes all the work worth it.

Quick Reply: Windows problem on my vert : NOW SOLVED