Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gas

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 04:57 PM
steviewire

Default RE: Gas

ORIGINAL: thatstang

I'll keep filling up till I can't afford it no more. Such as life qand we can bitch all we want but we have no control. One way to make up the difference is to buy into oil company stock and ride the wave :-) The profit you make from the stock you can use to fill up with supreme.
By the way, in Europe gas cost 1.47euro per litter which is around $6 per gallon and their salaries are 10 times lower as well so there is always a positive side I guess......
Yes over here in the UK our prices are rising too 94 pence a litre (about $1.65). I currently get mid 30s out of my daily car but have a GT on order from the US. Just hope the price doesn't rise too much. I was over in New York State and Ontario in Feb and was paying $2.40 a galllon or 85 Can cents a litre Not just Europe its going up then.

"salaries are 10 times lower" Maybe what the illegals get!

Old 04-16-2006, 05:10 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Excuse me if I am not just jumping for joy and hopping right up on the Ethonol bandwagon. Especially with the 5 minute news story that aired a couple of nights ago telling us how ( in our area at least ) fuel prices would jump well above the $3 mark because the gas station owners are not prepaired for Ethonol and they have to make changes in their pumps, lines, tanks, etc. AND, there will ( and already has been ) shortages because the Ethonol mix takes a different type of tanker truck for transportation and the distribution companies do not have enough trucks that can transport it. They have already changed to a 10% Ethonol mix at all the pumps here and I dropped about 50 miles per tank in mileage on my first fill up.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Excuse me if I am not just jumping for joy and hopping right up on the Ethonol bandwagon. Especially with the 5 minute news story that aired a couple of nights ago telling us how ( in our area at least ) fuel prices would jump well above the $3 mark because the gas station owners are not prepaired for Ethonol and they have to make changes in their pumps, lines, tanks, etc. AND, there will ( and already has been ) shortages because the Ethonol mix takes a different type of tanker truck for transportation and the distribution companies do not have enough trucks that can transport it. They have already changed to a 10% Ethonol mix at all the pumps here and I dropped about 50 miles per tank in mileage on my first fill up.
Anything to keep from sending money overseas to those greedy bastards. I always buy BP/Amoco, it's supposed to be domestic gas only. Don't know how true that is.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:36 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Doesn't BP stand for British Petroleum?
Old 04-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7008591

To increase U.S. energy supply, in 2005 BP is investing:
$2.2 billion over the next 15 years to double production in its Wamsutter, Wyo. gas fields
$5 billion total in the United States to provide new sources of energy to our customers
$700 million in Alaska for oil and gas production and development
$750 million in U.S. refineries
$72 million in pipelines
$25 million to expand its solar cell manufacturing facility, making BP North America’s largest producer of solar silicon wafers
Also continues its decade-long $15 billion investment program in the Gulf of Mexico to find and produce new energy supplies
And continues its $1 billion construction program of four, state-of-the-art, double-hulled crude oil tankers
In this section
Key facts and figures
Did you know that….? Related links
BP in the United States
Learn more about BP, among the world’s largest and most progressive enterprises.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Jimp

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7008591

To increase U.S. energy supply, in 2005 BP is investing:
$2.2 billion over the next 15 years to double production in its Wamsutter, Wyo. gas fields
$5 billion total in the United States to provide new sources of energy to our customers
$700 million in Alaska for oil and gas production and development
$750 million in U.S. refineries
$72 million in pipelines
$25 million to expand its solar cell manufacturing facility, making BP North America’s largest producer of solar silicon wafers
Also continues its decade-long $15 billion investment program in the Gulf of Mexico to find and produce new energy supplies
And continues its $1 billion construction program of four, state-of-the-art, double-hulled crude oil tankers
In this section
Key facts and figures
Did you know that….? Related links
BP in the United States
Learn more about BP, among the world’s largest and most progressive enterprises.
Also, Ford recommends BP for all of it's vehicles.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:26 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

[/quote]

"salaries are 10 times lower" Maybe what the illegals get!

[/quote]
Off the subject LOL but our illegals get paid about $25 per hour for construction work now how do you like them apples. Contractors are complaining that they are unable to find American men to do the work. I had a long conversation with one of the builders re: hiring illegals and he states that when he hired Americans for construction jobs the problems that he faced were: Expectation of higher pay, high cost of benefits, people not showing up for work frequently, taking disability leave for any minor cut or scratch at his expence, slow construction and nobody wants to work on a weekend without double pay or so. Two options that he was faced with. One, is to close down the company or two, is to hire qualified illegals from Mexico/Russia and able to stay in business at competitive rates.
I am all for supporting American companies like BP and such but lets make sure that Americans are actually doing the work and it is not someone else.
I had a moment there.........
Old 04-16-2006, 08:26 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Jimp

Also, Ford recommends BP for all of it's vehicles.
That's only for the 06's. The 05's didn't have the free advertisement crap on the gas cap.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:51 AM
chikidd

so how much does it cost for u guys to fill up the 4.0 V6? jus curious
Old 04-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

$35 87 Normal Unleaded

Quick Reply: Gas