Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The pain of parking on the street

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:39 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The pain of parking on the street

i think people are afraid to park right next to me lol........i always park a few spaces away from the last car and i always manage to come back to a car one space over from me, yet way away from the rest of the cars in the lot LOL....

maybe its cuz my car looks dark and mysterious.........lol j/k
Old 04-16-2006, 08:59 PM
TheBest159
1st Gear Member

there has only been a few days when i come out of school and there wasnt bird poop on my car
Old 04-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: will_c

i think people are afraid to park right next to me lol........i always park a few spaces away from the last car and i always manage to come back to a car one space over from me, yet way away from the rest of the cars in the lot LOL....

maybe its cuz my car looks dark and mysterious.........lol j/k
I have the opposite problem, I'll park waaaay away from other cars and someone will want to park right next to me. Pisses me off.

I park my car in the garage. I couldn't live in a house without one.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:08 PM
NYCStang

Try living in Brooklyn and parking in Manhattan and Brooklyn everyday...It sux. I already have small nicks and scratches on my car and i wast around to witness any of them happen..good thing for the little touch up kit i got. Yeah i agree with Jerry, lucky u dont got a vert...the third day i had mine i was cleaning pigeon crap off my leather. But wadayagonnado
Old 04-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

if the parking lot is not full or not close to full i allways park in the middle of two spots. (my dad taught me this trick)
Old 04-17-2006, 06:02 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I don't have to park on the street, it's actually illegal to park on the street between 2AM - 4AM in my city... they're trying to keep the area "high class" and keep our property value up.

Anyway, I have to park on the lot, which is probably just as bad... the ONE time I park on the street.. I come outside to about a dozen **** bombs all over my Epona. I had to go to class, but no way in hell was I going to roll up in the college parking lot with **** all over the place. Cleaned her up real quick and that was done.

The following day, I took the time to wash her up... but I noticed a mockinbird pirched on the lamp post... Probably the same ******** that **** on my car, him and his friends anyway. So I ran inside and grabbed my scoped bb gun, but when I came out, the *** flew off and **** on my towels! These birds are out to get me!

So by now I'm ticked, and I have a loaded BB gun. I want to shoot something! So I head over to the backyard and eye another mockingbird on the telephone lines about 200 yards from me. I shoot. Miss. Shoot. Miss. Shoot. HIT... the wooden post, which spooked the bird so he took off. Oh well.. back to washing the stang.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:37 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Kinda off the original subject, but I'm down on birds right now too. Every time I have my car in my drive way there is this bird that has to swoop down to the ground next to it...it stares at the back quarter panel for a few minutes and then all of the sudden jumps up and attacks the side of my car...this will go on forever until I either run the bird off or move my car...next time my car is there though it starts doing this again...it's as aggravating as it is funny to watch...stupid bloody birds!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:41 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

ORIGINAL: onefastv6

when im in a parking lot i always park as far away from another car as possible, but somehow every time it seems like someone goes out of their way to park right next to me
rofl i have the same problem.

yeah i have the same problem but some dumba$$ did it to me and hit my back quarter panel with their door. not only did they dent it and scratch it but it actually has a crease in it.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:03 AM
StreetRod Steve
1st Gear Member

Why not buy a decent car cover, with a locking strap that runs under the car, and use it everyday? Who cares how it looks out on the street with a cover on it. You'll know its better protected from the sun and other elements. It only takes 3 - 4 minutes to put on the car each time.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Crazyi82

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

I knew this was gonna be a problem, having a great car and then watching it sit there and be open to the public and its elements. So OK I shouldn't complain...but perhaps I can share the burden with other stang owners who have to endure the local kids sticking their hands on it, tree crap all over it, people parking way too close and then those stupid rice cars who you just know won't bat an eye lid if they back into it.

My pain was made worse this weekend when my new seemingly good parking spot turned into a **** fest of epic proportions for whom only that movie "the Birds" could have compared. Yup, at least a dozen multicolored **** stains all over my black stang....wonderful!
I know exactly how you feel...now that Spring is here, the pollen is as well. In a matter of a few hours after i washed my baby it looks as if i haven't washed her in days[:@]. I can't wait till it stops.

Quick Reply: The pain of parking on the street