Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

just installed the flowmaster single exhaust:D

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:29 AM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

Default just installed the flowmaster single exhaust:D

just got it put on with my JBA headers. mean freak'n sound from that one muffler too. my boys says it sounds like a small V8, and with the 4.10 gears... she just moves. i was kinda iffy about sticking with the single exhaust, but now i think i made the right choice. cuz if i would have went with duals with and H or X pipe, there would be too little back pressure to get the kind of performance i want. oh and i also found a guy in phx tht will port and polish my heads 4 a pretty damn good price. he even siad he can open up the valves a bit more to get better air flow to the engine. what's y'all take on that??
Old 04-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Default RE: just installed the flowmaster single exhaust:D

i was kinda iffy about sticking with the single exhaust, but now i think i made the right choice. cuz if i would have went with duals with and H or X pipe, there would be too little back pressure to get the kind of performance i want.
So the kind of performance you want is less power and torque?
You gain more power by going with duals. It may not be a substantial amount but it is more than a single.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Also, wait until your waranty runs out before making motor mods.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cvz_finezt

just got it put on with my JBA headers. mean freak'n sound from that one muffler too. my boys says it sounds like a small V8, and with the 4.10 gears... she just moves. i was kinda iffy about sticking with the single exhaust, but now i think i made the right choice. cuz if i would have went with duals with and H or X pipe, there would be too little back pressure to get the kind of performance i want. oh and i also found a guy in phx tht will port and polish my heads 4 a pretty damn good price. he even siad he can open up the valves a bit more to get better air flow to the engine. what's y'all take on that??
Sounds great, get some clips when you get a chance. Duals NA is more for sound than anything else. But once you get a power adder, the duals open her up a bit and do help out on the top end.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

I went with DUEL exhaust twin Flowmasters. Tests have showed there is NO lack of performance, I have absolutely not noticed any decrease and mileage increases slightly. My two cents. Looks far better too. Single exhaust on a Stang just looks cheesy.
[&:]
Old 04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I dynod the stock Y pipe vs. a Magnaflow xpipe, gain was 2HP. But I agree, Stangs should be dual no matter what.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:45 PM
mtbker29
3rd Gear Member

+1