Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Most Embarrassing Car Moments

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:42 AM
cmallett1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Most Embarrassing Car Moments

I too stalled out on the test drive of the new V6. I learned to drive with a manual, but I haven't driven one in years... that, plus the fact that I had never driven a Mustang before, and had no idea what kind of power it was going to be, had me worried about leaving a scratch right their at the dealership... so I went TOO easy with it and stalled out. No biggie, and probably better than if I had spun the tire, but it was embarrassing as heck because there I was talking cars and mustangs with the salesman... and then I get in and stall out... like someone just learning to drive or something... lol!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 AM
S.SubZero
1st Gear Member

OK this is only embarrassing because of my utter stupidity.

This was in 1990.

Friend1: Drives a Plymouth Fury. Your typical early 70's land barge.
Friend2: Drives a Chevette. You know, TINY car.

I am friends with both of these people but they do not know each other very well. Friend2 does not like Friend1 very much to begin with.

So I get to school, and Friend2 comes up to me.
Friend2: "you're not going to believe this.. this idiot in this huge car pulled up behind my car and pushed it across the parking lot!"
Me: "damn.. that sounds stupid.. Why would anyone do such a thing?"

then Friend2 went to class and I saw Friend1 a few minutes later..
Friend1: "You ain't gonna believe this.. this morning I got behind this little car with my Fury and I pushed it across the parking lot!"
Me: "LOL that's great!"

It took me almost the entire day to put 2 and 2 together. I told you it was embarrassing.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:57 AM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MattyJ

OK, my first car (a 91 Sable station wagon) had been totalled in the parking lot at school while I was in class (some dumb girl was trying to skip, tried to run from the security guard, smahed into another girl who was driving through the lot, and then barreled into my car....) But anyway, it worked out pretty well for me, cause I got a 91 Cougar that was barely used and was in great condition (52,000 miles and paint in awesome condition.) So, I have the car for less than a week and I'm driving home from work one day, and its raining out. I pull up to a red light and my friend pulls up next to me. He's going straight, I'm turning left. The light turns green and I gun it. Well, having never driven a rear-wheel drive car, I did not know that gunning it while turning in the rain is not the best idea. So I get about half way through the turn and I start fish-tailing. So of course I freak out and push on the gas harder. I kinda bounce back and forth before finally jumping over the island divider on the road I'm turning onto. I ended up facing the wrong way on the other side of the island. Well, I just turned around and took the long way home. But needless to say, I never jammed on the gas in the rain with that car anymore!!
I did the same thing in high school 20 yrs ago[sm=laughat.gif] in a '71 Torino that I had just put an engine in and idled too low. It died in the turn lane with the green arrow and people honking at me. I fired that ***** and put my foot in it and it spun around the concrete median doing a 180 on wet pavement. Two problems. There was a car in the far lane which I did not hit and a cop near my departure point. The cop said I hit the car. The guy in the car said I did not hit him and I said the same thing. The cop was just mad cuz He thought I was trying to be Don Garlits or something. Some guys don't appreciate header mufflers with no tailpipes.[sm=burnout.gif]
Old 04-23-2006, 11:00 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

this was a few months ago in my 05 v6
not so much embarrasing as horrifying. i was pissed off on the way home from work and it was raining as i drove on a windy narrow road. Came up to the intersection with another road where there was a roundabout which i hit a little too fast and went spinning though it. I managed the car sliding thought the circle without hitting anything or pretending my car was a jeep. Scurryyy...
Old 04-23-2006, 03:48 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

so im in my dad's old 1994 lexus that he had given to me as a "learner car" and i'm 16....... not bad right? ... wrong.
with 289,000 miles on it, the automatic tranny has had a bit too much action over the years. so i'm driving along one day and i come to a place on the highway where i have to turn left (across the other side and its traffic).
well i don't wanna get hit, so i decide i'd better give it some juice. As i do, it feels like something isn't gonna work right, and it doesnt.......

as i step on it, the car preceeds to jump forward in 3 foot increments, hopping all over the place, and there's nothing i can do except hang on to the steering wheel and ride it like a mechanical bull. it jumped and sputtered and duck farted all the way into the middle of the highway........ the oncoming traffic had to stop so that they could let this car looking like some livestock cross the road....i hopped and sputtered along across the road until i was out of the way, with everyone looking and wondering why i was being so stupid....

unfortunately i wasn't killed.......how embarrasing
Old 04-27-2006, 04:36 PM
05convertible4.0L

Car: 1993 Mustang 2.3L manual (my first car)
When: making a left turn in a major intersection

I was 17 at the time, and I was running late for work and I get this light I am turning and i take the outside left turn lane. The light turns green and i punch it (its only a manual 4 banger mustang). I begin to slide into the turn and I knew as soon as i lost traction it was to late to let of the gas. I ended up facing the wrong way on the road i was turning on to, I was in the lane that is next to the median, my wheels couldnt have been more than a few inchs away from the curb. The smoke my tires made was awesome! And for the first time in driving i didnt know what 2 do, but there wasnt much i could do. The embarassing part is when the cars that came from where i was turning caught up they all had to shift over b/c i was blocking a lane, the first lady that got to me threw her hands up and gave me this look. When all the cars had gone past i turned left into this gas station parking lot that was directly to my left, I had to get out and sit down for a second. On a good note there werent any cops around, no one died, the car was fine, and i actually made it to work on time.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:46 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

No there isn't any room in those things! Lucky for me LOL, she was about 4'10". She is probably the only person that rode in it that probably MAYBE fit into the backseat!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:21 AM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

I know everyone has done this, you get a chance to pull a nice holeshot in front of a bunch of people, and then it happens, you miss a gear, ugh.

My most embarrassing moment though was on a motorcycle. I was rolling by a gas station and saw two senior girls from my highschool (I think I was a sophmore at the time) getting gas. So I go in and pretend to get gas, I think I put 30 cents in to top it off LOL. Anyway I say my goodbyes and leave the ladies smiling when I decide to gas it, I mean I had been riding since I was 8 and I knew how to lay rubber on blacktop. Except for one thing, there had been a little sun shower a little while earlier and you can imagine how much like ice blacktop can be. Needless to say I went on my *** while my bike skidded across the gas station, and if that wasn't bad enough, a cop saw me and gave a ticket for reckless driving.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Smokey04b

Ok, this is back when I was in the Army and I was driving home non-stop from FayetteNam to Texas. I'm still about 3 hours away from home around 11pm in the middle of nowhere east Texas and I have to pee so bad I'm about to bust. So I pull over on this deserted two-lane blacktop in my 91 Celica, take a ****, and, yep, you guessed it, discovered I had locked myself out of the car...with the car running!