Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Group Buy Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:05 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Group Buy Update

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

==they make a very high quality product and we believe the reason Procharger is so resistant is because Vortech outsells them about 2 to 1==

I got the same email and I was really scratching my head over the above, it doesn't make sense. If Vortech is outselling PC 2 to 1, wouldn't that be incentive for PC to lower their prices to try to increase their sales and win back some of the market share from Vortech? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

The X-C is indeed looking better all the time, and Tom's thread where he said the install took 4.5 hours definitely got my attention!! His is the first install of the production setup and it only took 4.5 hours? Damned impressive for the first one out of the gate!

the description about no oil lines, self contained, 6psi boost, CA smog legal, 100,000 mile maint. hell yeah this thing is lookin good also around the 3500.00 price range, if the improvement is there that they have planned over the m60, it is going to be hard not to get this
Old 04-22-2006, 05:30 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

They told me I could get a Stage 2 ProCharger without the XCal-2(I have one) for $3650. That's still a great deal. So call or email Fast and see what they can do for you if you still want one.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bscottie

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

==they make a very high quality product and we believe the reason Procharger is so resistant is because Vortech outsells them about 2 to 1==

I got the same email and I was really scratching my head over the above, it doesn't make sense. If Vortech is outselling PC 2 to 1, wouldn't that be incentive for PC to lower their prices to try to increase their sales and win back some of the market share from Vortech? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

The X-C is indeed looking better all the time, and Tom's thread where he said the install took 4.5 hours definitely got my attention!! His is the first install of the production setup and it only took 4.5 hours? Damned impressive for the first one out of the gate!

the description about no oil lines, self contained, 6psi boost, CA smog legal, 100,000 mile maint. hell yeah this thing is lookin good also around the 3500.00 price range, if the improvement is there that they have planned over the m60, it is going to be hard not to get this
IIRC, the California X-Charger is $3500. The H.O. version, which everyone else will get, is $4100.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:58 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

@ jimp, I just put on my MAC shorty headers a couple of weeks ago, I was looking at total perf. and how it would work with my car, I think based on my dyno numbers, it worked great. MAC headers are illegal in CA, well not smog legal, so I am watching a little closer about my future perf. mods that will take effort to remove/replace for smog tests, the x-charger is out front where s/c's are concerned. so I do have a little tunnel vision about these.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bscottie

@ jimp, I just put on my MAC shorty headers a couple of weeks ago, I was looking at total perf. and how it would work with my car, I think based on my dyno numbers, it worked great. MAC headers are illegal in CA, well not smog legal, so I am watching a little closer about my future perf. mods that will take effort to remove/replace for smog tests, the x-charger is out front where s/c's are concerned. so I do have a little tunnel vision about these.
How do you like the headers? Did you install them? Any problems?
Old 04-22-2006, 12:02 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

I love the headers, they were a PITA to install, the factory studs were a little tuff to get out and the drivers side didnt really seem to line up 100%, had the pipe cut and rolled to match better, it changed the sound, you can hear the air thru the C&L, and the car has leveled off to a nice rumble, I posted a clip in the exhaust sticky