Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Group Buy Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 12:04 AM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Default Group Buy Update

Copy of an e-mail sent to me today:
Guys,

We have been in touch with ATI Procharger and they are NOT willing to talk about any Quantity discounts for a group buy. I have spent the last week trying all types of incentives but for some reason they refuse to budge. Having said that, the good news is that Vortech is VERY interested and is WILLING TO DEAL. As I am sure you all know, they make a very high quality product and we believe the reason Procharger is so resistant is because Vortech outsells them about 2 to 1. So let me know what you would like to do. We can get a break on a Procharger but not to the scale I think you all want.

Please advise, and we will get the job done for you.

Thank you for your patience,

Ron Feddema

Fast Specialties LLC

360-213-2781

www.fastspecialties.com

What do you guys think of that?[sm=feedback.gif][sm=wtf.gif]
Old 04-22-2006, 12:17 AM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Group Buy Update

I'll take an X-charger........LOL
Old 04-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

what he said, or wait!!!! Powerhouse turbo? DAMN decissions decissions decissions
Old 04-22-2006, 12:21 AM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cstigger04

I think I'm with ya there![sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-22-2006, 12:38 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

a fellow stang brother close to me is having the vortech installed, I'm anxious to see the results, but it is going to be interesting if the x-charger produces higher than expected numbers, their first model is the CA smog special.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:48 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bscottie

a fellow stang brother close to me is having the vortech installed, I'm anxious to see the results, but it is going to be interesting if the x-charger produces higher than expected numbers, their first model is the CA smog special.
The thing to watch out for is the xcharger, it makes max boost faster than any other system on the market, and provides power for the reaminder of the power band. What this means? Well, very posibly it means on the 1/4 mile, it may do better because all the power is available off the line, unlike centri SC's. I am really hopping Afixer can get a run or two with his. I think it may be the only system to stand up to the powerhouse setup.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:01 AM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

With the X-Charger, it also means that you don't necessarily have to regear the rearend to put the car in its powerband off the line.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:07 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TNT1968

With the X-Charger, it also means that you don't necessarily have to regear the rearend to put the car in its powerband off the line.
Well with gearing, 6psi may be enough to rip of some really good times then. Cooling may not be required. Hard to tell till someone gets it and puts it to the test.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:28 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Thanks to all at Fast Spec for putting in the time trying to make the group buy work. Bummer it fell through. Now I really don't want a procharger at all... don't want a product from a company with that sort of attitude... not to mention all the parts and support problems with the earlier units.

Now then... the X-charger is looking more and more enticing... hmm... I wonder if Doug would be interested in putting together a group buy since he's working on the tunes.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:26 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==they make a very high quality product and we believe the reason Procharger is so resistant is because Vortech outsells them about 2 to 1==

I got the same email and I was really scratching my head over the above, it doesn't make sense. If Vortech is outselling PC 2 to 1, wouldn't that be incentive for PC to lower their prices to try to increase their sales and win back some of the market share from Vortech? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

The X-C is indeed looking better all the time, and Tom's thread where he said the install took 4.5 hours definitely got my attention!! His is the first install of the production setup and it only took 4.5 hours? Damned impressive for the first one out of the gate!

Quick Reply: Group Buy Update