Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRONT LISENCE PLATE??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: FRONT LISENCE PLATE??

ORIGINAL: chidrock

I got these from Baltimore Street Mods, and I'm happy with them...

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...nhorseslvr.jpg

Does that frame fit in the rear bumper niche? It makes the front plate look miles better!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Bump, does anyone know of a license frame that will fit the rear bumper niche of the new stangs? Thanks!
Old 04-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Bump, does anyone know of a license frame that will fit the rear bumper niche of the new stangs? Thanks!
I added WeatherTech plate covers to my GT with no problems. Includes just about every type stainless steel mounting screw one could need, and has covers that snap over the screws.

Now, the plates are protected from dents, dings, and dirt ... and aren't obscured in any manner.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:12 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chikidd

jus wondering if the 2 license plate rule is mandatory in illinois??
YES!

And not only that, but up here in the Chi-burbs at least, the police WILL harass you over it. I definately would not suggest going without the front plate.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:34 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

I've made it 10 months with no front plate and no holes in the bumper. Most of the five years that I owned the Honda S2000 that came before it, I went with no front plate. I've never received a ticket for no front plate.

However, I generally obey traffic laws when driving my Mustang, and I have the front plate, screws, and tools in the trunk in case I ever get hassled about it. If I'm ever on the verge of getting a ticket for no front plate, I'll say "Is it more important for you to give me a ticket for this or for me to have a plate on the front of my car?" I'll then point out that I can have it installed in about two minutes. Only a total jerk would write me a ticket at that point. I'll start off by explaining how I got all of the parts to do it, but just couldn't bring myself to put holes in the bumper. Hopefully I'll never have to try it.

I've taken an informal poll of cars in my town, keeping track of a few hundred of them on a certain street, and more than 10% of all cars there don't have a front plate. I would also bring that up during the discussion.

I guess it helps that I'm no longer a young kid.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:26 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure if I know of a frame that won't fit.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TNT1968

I'm not sure if I know of a frame that won't fit.
Ohhhhh, I can show you at least one! Luckily I didn't buy it for the 'stang, but it won't fit it. That's why I'm asking. Do you have one on your car? If so, which one? So far I haven't seen anyone say they actually have one on the rear, only the front.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Well when I bought the car it had a Don Hinds Ford chrome dealer frame on it. The one I have on it now goes with the decor, like this one. It's pretty much standard size. http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...sp?T1=MLF23+01
Old 04-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Hmmmm, that makes me wonder if they installed my plate wrong at the dealership. There's only 1/4" space between the bottom of the plate and the opening in the fascia, so a frame like that won't fit on my car. There's a larger space above the plate, so the dealer may have installed my plate too low.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:11 AM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

You should be able to put epoxy in the hole, let it set up and redrill the holes.

Quick Reply: FRONT LISENCE PLATE??