Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRONT LISENCE PLATE??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

Default FRONT LISENCE PLATE??

Well just got my plates in the mail and I'm torn about putting the front plate on!!
The Stang did not come with a front Lisence bracket or frame.
Its going to ruin the front end look a bit.
I live in California and just wonder if I just have the rear plate and not the front if I'd get hassled a lot.
I've seen many BMW's and especially Corvettes with no FRONT plates. I'm not sure what the heck to do....
Tom
[&:]

[IMG]local://upfiles/34417/5E49B535575E4875B9B61017AAA8514E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-24-2006, 03:19 PM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FRONT LISENCE PLATE??

same here. I live in cali too and I was wondering the same thing. The GTs don't even come w/ a front license plate I believe.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

there r little holes on the bumper that u can thread the screws onto ... but yea, they look ugly w/ the front on... i hated having 2 do it. im in ny
Old 04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
thatstang
2nd Gear Member

I am still driving with dealer plates since don't feel like puting on the license plate :-) A friend of mine drove without plates for over a year :-)
Old 04-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Railrider
2nd Gear Member

Yep it sucks...I tried to get away with it, Went about 5 days and got pulled over
by A Virginia State Trooper..I got away with a warning...Pretty nice guy actually.
By the way I just ordered new personalized plates.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/20528/EF1DB7D2C57D48B9A33207CAE8182092.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20528/23E256DACD9F4606AE52A47C77010E8C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-24-2006, 05:18 PM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

Just put the plates on. Honestly, not putting on the plate because it doesn't "look cool" is as stupid as not wearing a seatbelt because it doesn't look cool.

Now I know you're all gonna be like, "But not having a front plate isn't a safety issue!" Yeah, its not. Good job! But its the same principle at work. Doing something you have to do only makes you look not cool to losers.

Sorry if anyone feels I'm flaming them, but not putting on your front plate is just childish...
Old 04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

It's the law in cali but if you run without it, just keep in mind, you're more likely to get pulled over for a minor infraction. Illegal lane change (yes you can get cited for not usin' a blinker in cali') Upon pulling you over they'll be more than happy to be smug about it. "you know why I pulled you over" "No officer why oh why did you pull me over?" You didn't use your blinker when you changed lanes...and I noticed you didn't have a front plate. here's a fix it ticket for the plate and a citation for not using your blinker (moving violation) Have a nice day.

I ran without it on my car for 4 years, then, 4 months before I moved to AZ which doesn't require it... I get pulled over. I rolled through a right hand turn at a red light (no one in sight). He was pulling out of a driveway going the opposite direction. He made it a point to tell me he noticed the lack of a turn signal because of the missing front plate. He gave me a fix it ticket for the plate and a warning on the turn.

now I got holes on my bumper []
Old 04-24-2006, 05:29 PM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm moving to PA in June (also no front plate) but I know how I'm gonna deal with the holes. I think I'm gonna get a nice black (or maybe stainless?) running pony plate for the front. It should look pretty sweet!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

Thanks to all. Guess I'm going to have to put the ugly thing on. But the guy who made the comment that not putting it on is childish is probably right. The loser types probably usually don't care (Honda guys with Fart Cans) so on it goes after I get home from work.
Much thanks for the feedback!!
Tom
[&:]
Old 04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

I got these from Baltimore Street Mods, and I'm happy with them...

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...nhorseslvr.jpg

Quick Reply: FRONT LISENCE PLATE??