Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Another Nos question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 06:09 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Another Nos question

lol double clutching isnt hte word your looking for

if you did really double clutched it would make you slower

clutch in
neutral
clutch out
clutch in
next gear
cltuch out

tractor trailers double clutch because they dont have synchros

what your doing is still powershifting .. powershifting doesnt mean your rpms have to bee hitting off the wall, powershifting is just maintining higher rpms between shifts
Old 04-25-2006, 06:12 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

the whole point of double clutching for a tractor trailor is so that the transmission will match the engines rpm for the next gear

now say your street driving to be nice to your transmission it would be nice to downshift double clutching

takes practice.. but if you where downshifting to race someone dont doubleclutch it lol if your in 5th pull it to neutral give it a shot of gas slide it in 3rd, and just let the clutch out and put your other foot to the floor

i dont want to sound like im saying you dont know how to drive lol so please dont think that lol
Old 04-25-2006, 06:12 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

oh ok..... ill have to try that next time I drive the dumptruck at work..... the damn thing is almost im possible to downshift. I usually just push as hard as I can in the gear I want and mash the gas until it chunks in..... but then again, the odometer stopped 10 years ago at 276k miles gotta love those Mack deisels
Old 04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

lmao your nto serious are you???

your better off not using your clutch.. pull to neutral slowdown .. then give it a shot of gas pass the RPM you would be in for the gear and speed your choosing.. and as the rpms drop back down it will fall in gear.. its the way i drive my frieghtliner. i never use the clutch only for starts and stops.. i only double clutched for trucker training lol
Old 04-25-2006, 06:37 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

yeah, i dont use the clutch... did i say i did? well, my bad oops. yeah, i just match revs in that thing, but its old and clunky, so I just pull it next to the gear I want and mash the pedal to redline (2500rpm ) and it usually goes in. if not im just about screwed..... upshifting is a breeze tho
Old 04-25-2006, 06:45 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

one thing to say about the nitrous button activation comments...having a button can be very useful in some situations. Think of it this way, if you have a track car that is nitrous equipped and you only want to use nitrous in certain spots coming in at certain speeds and maybe for passing other racers, things like that. Would you really want the nitrous to come on every time you are WOT???? OR would you want to be flipping the switch all the time to turn it on and off??? I'm not saying fast and furious is a good source for info because it is DEFINATELY NOT, but you guys are just getting carried away here with anti-fast and furious stuff. That movie is not supposed to be realistic...i'm sorry, but if you believe a car of any kind could jump a 50 feet or so in the air off a bridge and not pop a single tire on the landing, then you need to get your head checked out.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

u really only need to purge before ur first run. after that its just showing off cuz the lines are filled but i do it too
well.... technically.... you should shut your bottles off and purge your lines between runs... you want to keep the pressure on the solenoids to a minumum.....
Old 04-26-2006, 01:48 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

u really only need to purge before ur first run. after that its just showing off cuz the lines are filled but i do it too
well.... technically.... you should shut your bottles off and purge your lines between runs... you want to keep the pressure on the solenoids to a minumum.....

shouldnt hurt too much though right? i know several guys who leave their bottles open for a few hours while they cruise or race, and then shut em and purge at the end of the night.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:59 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Damn i wish i knew what u guys were on about!!! what the hell is purging??! i just want to have more power driving arround town when i want to floor it, can i have the nos ready to come on at WOT when ever??

Paul
Old 04-26-2006, 02:11 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

i wouldnt recommend just driving around with it. do bolt-ons if u want DD power. nitrous (and please everyone start calling nitrous and not nos, naas, naws, or whatever) is a pretty significant power adder, and is finicky enough that you dont want to run it unless really racing. also, if u run it too much u can weaken ur motor. plus u have to pay to refil the bottle