Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ICE by Turtle Wax

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ICE by Turtle Wax

steps for a wash and wax:

1. wash and dry the entire car. (you should have no old wax residue since youve never put on any wax)
2. chrome polish the wheels (since you have the chrome 18 bullits like me use turtle wax chrome polish and just apply and take of when hazy. read the directions)
3. once car is perfectly dry speed around your neighbor hood once accellerating and slamming on the breaks to get all the water droplets off and out from under the grill and stuff.
4. pull the car in the shade and again whipe off ALL the excess water. okay now your ready to wax.
5. get a buffer or you can use a hand waxer apply an even coat of wax all over the PAINTED car. (not any black trim)
6. now go back to the first section you waxed and get a microfiber towel and remove the wax with a circular motion (helps take if off best)
7. now either apply ICE (i have never used it before so im not sure) or McGuiars quick detailer to the car.
8. apply mothers back to black or ice on all of the unpainted black pieces like the side skirts or mirors no need to wipe off.
9. come back and thank me for a pimpin shiny ride.

P.S i think if your muffler tips are chrome you can use chrome polish on them just make sure there cool.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Thanks, that sounds like a really long process, Can I just wash my car dry it and then spray this ICE stuff all on the car and black stuff or no?
Old 04-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

well you should keep a coat of wax on your car. you dont have to do this every time you wash it just when the water does not beed up when you wet the car (should be about every 1-2 months). and i think you apply ice about every 4 weeks.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:25 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

dont you care about your car she treats you so well is she not worth a coat of wax every know and then? you better watch out she may not start one day[:-]lol

you should keep a good coat of wax on the car but it not you could use that wax as you dry stuff i dont think it can work as well as a good wax. but i would still recomend the ice stuff to polish EVERY THING even after waxing

did any one els notice how much of the ice stuff it took to do the car? I barly used any maby 1/4 of an inch out of the jug. do you guys go through more? i though i may have mot put it on thick enough, what do you all thinK?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:50 AM
qbuswell
2nd Gear Member

I just clay barred, polished and waxed my entire car yesterday.......To really take care of your paint I recommend evey stang lover does this process once in a while. Also the Ice advertises that it is a synthetic wax, but after helping a friend with it......I think using pure carnuba wax is best to protect and a spay on quick detaier/wax booster to keep the shine. I think the Ice product does wonders on all of the trim though. I am thinking of getting some just to use on trim to get that white film off.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:25 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

If you use a synthetic wax you shouldn't put anything on it for a while to let it cure after wiping. Additional products and wiping prevent the polymers from setting up completely.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Which rim cleaner should I get I have a meguiars one but I never use it cause its not specifically for chrome so I dont want it to ruin the rim?
Old 04-28-2006, 06:08 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Which rim cleaner should I get I have a meguiars one but I never use it cause its not specifically for chrome so I dont want it to ruin the rim?
Meguiars Hot Rims Chrome cleaner

I also use a Wax on mine helps keep the brake dust off. You could also use a sealant like Meguiars #21
SmartWax Rim Wax

Meguiar's #21
Old 04-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Well I just spent three hours cleaning the car I used the Meguiars gold class car wash dried the car and then applied the ICE cleaned the rims with the Meguiars soap then put on Meguiars tire shine and it came out great took some pics! Looks awesome

Old 04-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

This stuff sounds perfect for my mirrors and the area behind the wipers. But what about my rims (see picture below)? I've heard some of you mention crome polish/wax, but my rims are grey-colored not chrome-colored.

Dumb question: Are my rims painted? Can I just use my trusty Maguire's Wax on them?

Ken

Quick Reply: ICE by Turtle Wax