Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Mistress

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 09:37 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The Mistress

ORIGINAL: justang05

actually somewhere on the supersix site it says that the 4.0's are excellent nitrous engines...just not excellent f/i engines due to the higher compression ratio. And whats this about swapping for a 4.6? Then you would just be like every other mustang at the drag strip. I personally like the challenge and uniqueness of having a six. We are kind of like pioneers and the GT's are just the same as everyone else in the past century. Id just swap the pistons with some high compression forged ones and then you could probably even go for a 150 shot! By the way, you're doing a nice job with your car, you inspire us all!
actually.... it's says the 4.0 WITH THEIR NEW FORGED PISTONS are excellent for nitrous:

"For nitrous applications, these new forged pistons are also available in flat top design to retain the 9.7:1 compression ratio which works well with nitrous."

Of course the start of that same paragraph says:

"The high 9.7:1 stock compression ratio and deck integrity of the cylinder heads will probably lead to head gasket retention problems in power adder applications...."

don't those two things seem to contradict each other? LOL!

They were right about the stock pistons... that is what I'm guessing failed on my motor... BUT... I made LOTS of passes with the Zex... I made about 6 passes at the track and some test launches on the street with the 125HP shot... and my head gaskets are still in place! LOL!
Old 04-28-2006, 09:44 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puerto Rico 4.6

To those running the ZEX system , how do u adjust wheh the nitrous comes on ...all this broken engine stuff has me worried...maybe i will sell the ZEX kit ....stay NA
I wouldn't worry too much... stay at the 100HP and you should be fine... I've got like 30 passes at 100HP... I think the 125HP would have been ok if I had put a window swtich in or not stomped the pedal so quickly! LOL! I really think I sprayed too early... and the piston simply couldn't take the 460+ ft/lbs i probably generated at 2000 RPM! LOL!

And yes, Rygen's cars seems to have some kind of delay... My nitrous comes on as soon as I hit WOT (82% pedal travel).... it certainly an odd one... For some reason I thought our cars had a bit of a delay between the time the pedal hit WOT and the computer open the TB all the way... My wild guess is Lidio has removed that delay while Rygens tune still has it.. ?????

The other thing is with the 4.10s I can only launch at 1800 RPM... So i hit WOT at like 2000 RPM! Do you know when your spray comes on?

Old 04-28-2006, 10:40 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

I wasn't thinking I would change the TC. I want to maintain some civilty on the street.

As far as power goes, I'm not really sure where this will end, does anybody?

My current goal is to hit 13.70's N/A (That's where my 94 Z28 Auto was, STOCK)
and to dip into the 12's with the laughing gas.

And I agree with whoever said it, anyone can go 13's with a GT, but there is uniqueness to a 6 doing it. It doesn't seem unique to us cause we're hanging in these boards all the time, but in the real world a 13 sec 6 is a unique and a very cool thing indeed.

I remember street racing in the mid 80's and the Grand Nationals were cleaning up, yeah they had a turbo, but they were still a six and that WAS cool.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:47 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ranebowcyxx

I wasn't thinking I would change the TC. I want to maintain some civilty on the street.

As far as power goes, I'm not really sure where this will end, does anybody?

My current goal is to hit 13.70's N/A (That's where my 94 Z28 Auto was, STOCK)
and to dip into the 12's with the laughing gas.

And I agree with whoever said it, anyone can go 13's with a GT, but there is uniqueness to a 6 doing it. It doesn't seem unique to us cause we're hanging in these boards all the time, but in the real world a 13 sec 6 is a unique and a very cool thing indeed.

I remember street racing in the mid 80's and the Grand Nationals were cleaning up, yeah they had a turbo, but they were still a six and that WAS cool.
I agree with you... when I tell people my V6 run's low 13's it definitely raises some eyebrows!

Actually I would think a little looser TC would not be that bad on the street... as long as you don't go crazy... LOL
Old 04-28-2006, 10:50 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

Yeah, and what do YOU know about crazy?

Old 04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ranebowcyxx

Yeah, and what do YOU know about crazy?

Do as i say... not as i do! LOL!
Old 04-29-2006, 03:29 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

When they say power adder i think they were talking about super/turbo charger. But you cares anymore. Obviously you have proven that these engines can withstand a good amount of nitrous (at the right rpm). But as for me, i dont have the option of having a spare engine so i would probably do some internal modding first.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:34 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

One of the coolest things I've ever seen was footage of a Grand National doing a wheel stand at about a sixty-seventy degree angle at a drag-strip in the 80s.

I would love to see a V6 Mustang do something like that.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

When they say power adder i think they were talking about super/turbo charger. But you cares anymore. Obviously you have proven that these engines can withstand a good amount of nitrous (at the right rpm). But as for me, i dont have the option of having a spare engine so i would probably do some internal modding first.
One thing is at 75Hp shot, most people are running the stock ford tune that includes throttle lag. With that and the fact that WOT is 2500, it is really safe. Even at 100HP shot, with my tune I can't make the car spray early even if I wanted to. Like people say it isn't for everyone.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:27 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

well... N20 is certainly a power adder... You've got Powerhouse and Paul's High Performance running like 12 PSI on stock 4.0L's... we've also got a handfull of guys in here running the Procharger... and now Afixer with an Eaton... all on stock 4.0L... and as far as I know... no one's blown a headgasket yet... LOL!