Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

things are getting serious

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:41 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: things are getting serious

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

hows this for serious...

BEFORE

AFTER.

i cannot wait till the car settles a bit more.

Very nice!!!

On your writing... You need to break it up a bit.... organize things into paragraph... one big block of text like that was just so overwhelming I gave up! LOL!

oh.... and I am serious.... LOL!

Before...

and After...

Old 04-28-2006, 10:50 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

who else is serious? show your cars before and after pix. i think that after i break teh car ina little with this new suspension i should have enough for handling to last me quite some time.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:01 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

well, after i went to that autocross event a week and a half ago, i fell in love ALL over again with the stang. what that GT did out there showed me alot about the actual potential of my car as well. he had 2 cylinders more then me but in the world of autocross, it aint always about the amount of cylinders or your HP. its about getting from point A to point B in the quickest time without hitting nothing. well anyway, i thought about it and i decided that i would not let myself ruin another oppurtunity to enjoy all y car has to offer. i started off by getting an S&B CAI. i choose that because the price was affordable and the looks are awesome so, it was well worth it. the gains are exactly where i need them and anything i can do to get my car to breath better can only be a plus in my book. a day after that i thought... i need to drop the car something fierce because even with the raked look from the factory, it still sits 2 high for my taste. lower it! i said to myself. at first it was going to be just the springs. the more i thought about it though, i started hating that idea though because the factory spends a ton of time tuning a cars suspension to give the most comfortable ride possible. sometimes that means that performance take the back seat. lower teh car 1.5inches and your putting stress on a suspension that was never meant to continuously stay lowered and by beating on it during races you shorten teh life of the shock and or strut. i had almost given up when i happened upon a website that was selling eibach pro dampers, eibach springs, AND new front and rear sway bars. all for 860. to some of you that seems like alot but consider that the package deal works to compliment one another and the cost of the parts seperate, and the price actually starts to sound pretty good. anyway, i installed the sways and have yet to install the rest but let me tell you this. if the sway are ANY indication of where my car is going... im glad i did it. let me say that even with weak stock tires, the car thus far has gone from wondering *** to "Point, Shoot, & Forget" its that nice. i literally pointed the nose where i wanted and the car without complaining went there. also teh fact that the front is adjustable makes it fun to. i have the setting on the recommended "Race ONLY setting" am i being stupid, probably but lets be totally honest how many people given the oppurtunity would not do the same thing?! see, thats what i thought. its a hoot to drive. anyway, middle setting recommends weight to the rear of the car and teh first setting is teh comfort setting. i dont know about you guys and gals but if i wanted comfort i would not have gotten that eibach kit. saturday, after i paint my wifes (& mine) bedroom i will be installing the springs shocks and struts and teh car will have an even better grip of the road. pictures WILL be added in a day or so. keep your eyes peeled cuz this stang is almost ready to begin her training.
Report card:

Grammar D+
Punctuation C-
Comprehension D-
Mustang loving A+!

[sm=smiley1.gif]
Old 04-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

+1 I got 1/4 of the way down and just gave up. man my eyes hurt.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:22 AM
V6
1st Gear Member

Thats a very cool car mustang06, I've got the same color and you just helped guide me in what i want done.

Are those Xenon or cervini side scoops?
Old 04-29-2006, 02:36 AM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

06' your after picture looks 1000% better!!! Scrming, yours also looks 1000% better....anyone else???

[IMG]local://upfiles/26784/32F627481BC54D42909E6CDA037CF313.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26784/6D4261D1EC0C4AC5B1E65E7C99567F76.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-29-2006, 09:29 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Before:

AFTER:

And more to come!!!!!! The arms race continues!

Old 04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Man that car definetely needs some nice rims and tires, the wheels ruin the pic!

hows this for serious...

BEFORE

AFTER.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

hows this for serious...

BEFORE

AFTER.

Are you going to get the quarter window scoop to finish the look? Like nice dude.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:17 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

the body scoops are xenon and the window scoops (i have them in the garage) are also xenon. rims are on the table but as i pay off teh credit card i get stuff so since i just the suspension, it will be a month or 2 before i get them. 18's are the size i want. of all teh places sears actually sells one of the 2 rims that i really want. the falken koblenz and for the 18 i believe they are 599. not to shabby. we will see. thanks for the kind words everyone. i honestly feel that this is the best i have done so far. tuning cars i mean. its also my 4th vehicle. i sold the others because i got bored with them. things seem to be on teh up for me and the stang. IF the weather holds tomorrow i will put the window scoops on and i will post more pix.